cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actuals after Commitment and Budget Carry forwards

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

We recently did a Commitment Carry Forward using CJCF from year 2009 to 2010 (but did not do budget carry forward) and this added the Assigned amount by USD 100 in 2010 for the WBS Element.

I have some doubts and my questions are :

1) when I do the Goods Receipt in 2010 for the commitments carried forward, will the system check for 2009 budget or 2010 budget ?

2) if it checks for 2009 budget and adds to the actuals in 2010, will it not be an incorrect business process ?

3) what would have happened if the budget had also been carried forward from 2009 to 2010.

Thanks for any response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) when you do the Goods Receipt in 2010 for the commitments carried forward, system will check for 2010 budget and not fpr 2009 budget. If you not forwarded budget from 2009 to 2010 then system will give budget error while posting the actuals against commitments raised in 2009.Because system will consider posting date for budget check.

2) Normaly system is chking the budget as per the postin date. Regarding business proces correctness please await for any expert advice.

3) After forwarding budget from 2009 to 2010 remaining budget values are trnsfered from year 2009 to 2010 and system will not give budget error while posting actuals against the commitments raised in 2009.

regards,

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep for your reply.

However, I fail to understand that why should system check 2010 Budget when it has already consumed my 2009 Budget while creating PO.

I believe the system would check the Budget only at the time of creation of PO and not at the time of GR/Service Entry and MIRO (provided GRs etc. are done with reference to the PO).

I welcome any response.Thanks in anticipation.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

In budget tolerence limit setting if you have maintained budget check ++ means for all trancastion the system will check for budget against posting values whenever you execute any transaction system will compare the values against available budget of posting year.

in you case at the time po coiitments are created in 2009 and checked for available budget for 2009 now you are posting GR / service entry in year 2010 at this time your PO commitments are going to transfer to actuals but as posting is happening in 2010 system will check for the budget availability for year 2010.

so for any annual budget project at the end of year you have to carryforward commitments and buget to next year.

regards,

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think system will check 2010 budget when there is commitment carry forward from 2009 year as this value becomes assigned value on WBS element in 2010 year and there will not be AVAC still set on WBS element (unless you did budgeting/ supplementing).

System only checks for budget in 2010 when there is any change in value ( at time of IV/ PO value change there after)..otherwise it posts the entry in 2010 but budget is already allocated in 2009. You should carry forward budget also using CJCO when you are using CJCF. Otherwise you can see inconsistencies.

Thanks