Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC and Sender Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just some information required please.

I am using Seeburger to Poll a VAN Inbox (FTP/VAN adapter). I can pick up a message fine however when I try to use the Classifier/BIC module I keep getting an exception:

Error while initate task to the system. Error during processing local bean: localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean

I am picking up EDIFACT.

My setting for the channel are as below:

Transfer type: ASCII

Payload mode: Attachment

Attachment ID: 1

Default Encoding: US-ASCII

In the module tab:

My sequence is

localejbs/SeeClassifier

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean

localejbs/CallSapAdapter

then Config is:

bic: destTargetMsg: MainDocument

bic: destSourceMsg: MainDocument

bic: classifierAttID: 1

bic: mappingName: AUTO

classifier: attID: 1

classifier: destSourceMsg: attachment

I am quite sure I am doing something wrong here can some one please guide exactly what should these parameters be?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

Scenario :

ECC--> PI--> Party

Sending GS1 XML Message to party (Not EDI)

User expecting to see the Sender GLN and Receiver GLN in Seeburger Message Tracking.

It should be dynamically picked form GS1 Message.

What Module Parameters Should be used for this.

I have Tried destTargetMsg  and destSourceMsg. But did'nt work.

can anyone please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error during processing local bean: localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean

--> There should be some information in the default_trace. (j2ee/cluster/serverXX/log)

Can you post the relevant parts from the default trace?

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just coming back to let everyone know that the issue was BIC was actually in status of "Stopped". Which is because we are using PI 7.1 ...... but there is a SAP note for it

And the note # 1353318

So if you are using pi 7.1the above note needs to be applied.

regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As others said, in the statement below, you should try" MainDocument" insted of "attachment".

classifier: destSourceMsg: attachment

Also, add the classifier parameter showInAuditLog = true.

Is it the first time you are using BIC module? Could it be that the installation is not done properly? I would suggest to enable the logs from Visual admin to understand the problem more clearly.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thank you for replying. Mate just a couple of things if you can clarify for me.

Firstly Yes I am using the BIC for the first time before the plan was to use Conversion Agent. And yes there is a big potential of installation being incorrect hence in parallel i have requested Basis to check it out again and also check post installation activities.

I have tried both MainDocument and attachment either way no luck. The standard documentation suggests using "attachment" if the message type is EDIFACT/X12.

Anyway beside the above issue there is one more thing which is puzzling me, my understanding was before looking at BIC that it is used for any to any conversion so basically in my scenario from EDIFACT to EDIFACT-XML. However when I look at the namespace of Generic EDI adapter I see "Message mappings" and they are named like e.g. E_Orders_D96A_to_Order05_list. However to me it appears these are message mappings for EDIFACT-XML to IDOC-XML and are done using BIC Mapping designer and they are in other words equal to Message Mapping I would have done in PI e.g. Graphical Mapping. Am I right in thinking that?

So in essence what i am trying to say is that if I am using mapping designer and do mappings then I don't need to do any message mapping within PI?

Can you please clarify this part for me as well?

best regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+However to me it appears these are message mappings for EDIFACT-XML to IDOC-XML +

Yes, they are EDIFACT to Idoc xml mappings

and are done using BIC Mapping designer

No, they are simple PI message mapping and has nothing to do with BIC MD. They are just sample mappings to help you map most generic parts.

they are in other words equal to Message Mapping I would have done in PI

Not equal. They actually are Graphical Mapping.

So in essence what i am trying to say is that if I am using mapping designer and do mappings then I don't need to do any message mapping within PI?

Incorrect. If business requirement is exactly as the sample mappings (which is very less probable), then no need to do separate mapping. But still you are using mapping in PI. BIC MD mapping is not used as replacement of PI mappings.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Thank you. This clarifies a big point. Which also means that there must be BIC mappings along the lines of EDIFACT to EDIFACT-XML and as such for the most common scenario i.e. ORDERS they would be provided?

So now the question really which should resolve the whole issue is where are these mappings sitting? and how can I find them e.g. in ESR?

Many thanks in advance.

regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there must be BIC mappings along the lines of EDIFACT to EDIFACT-XML

Almost all such EDIFACT mappings are already provided with BIC.

where are these mappings sitting?

Mapping_sys.sda is deployed as a part of Seeburger installation. If it is done, then you can use all these standard mappings. EDIFACT to EDIFACT xml are part of these deployable file. Therefore it cannot be found in ESR.

Understand that only sample Idoc to Edifact (and vice versa) mappings could be found in ESR.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mimranacc,

Try giving the module parameters as below.

Module Name Module Type Module key

localejbs/SeeClassifier Local Enterprise Bean Classifier

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean Local Enterprise Bean bic

localejbs/Seeburger/MessageSplitter Local Enterprise Bean split

Module Key Parameter Name Parameter Value

Classifier attID additionalInfo

Classifier classifierMappingID See

Classifer destSourceMsg MainDocument

Classifier showInAuditLog true

bic classifierAttID additionalInfo

bic classifierMappingID additionalInfo

bic destSourceMSg MainDocument

bic destTargetMsg MainDocument

bic mappingName AUTO

bic split true

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in classifier you kept destSourceMsg as attachment where as in BIC you given destSourceMsg as MainDoucment....

Check this...configuration parameters...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for replying. I have tried a combination of different parameters the above mentioned were just an example however either way I get the same error message.

So I was wondering reading up the material I do need to set these but what are the correct values for each one of them?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Classifier reads the document specified in the parameter and writes the information regarding the edi message in the attID

document ( Which can be seen in Moni if you set the parameter ShowInAuditLog of classifer as true) then the same will be read

by the BIC module and calls the seeburger mapping providing the input specified in the destSourceMsg ...so in both classifier and

BIC parameters value should be same (i.e either attachment or main Document...)

Are you getting the payload as attachment in the original message ? if not then set MainDocument as a destSourceMsg parameter value of classifier...

Hope this clarifies you

HTH

Rajesh