cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/FM to Create Projects from Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any BAPI/FM that can create Operative Project Structures referring the Standard WBS including all objects i.e, WBS,N/W,Activities,Milestone of standard project?

If not, what could be the work around?

Regards

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the BAPI where would you refer the standard WBS?

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually check FM CJWB_PROJECT_COPY. Let me know if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will try it and let you know.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin !

I have the same issue here, to create projects from a template, using a Function Module to do that, and I tryed to use the FM CJWB_PROJECT_COPY as you suggested, and I achieved to create project from template but, for any reason not known by me, the project is created without status object, so I can´t open it on any transaction(CJ02/CJ03/CJ20n...). I have tested it in SE37, using test sequences, so I call it and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to save the data.

To make the projects available to work, I needed to run a report named CNSTATUS as explained on SAP Note 170948.

Do you know why using CJWB_PROJECT_COPY created the projects without status object assignment ? I could not find any documentation about this function, so maybe the problem can be caused by some wrong parameter that I was passed to it.

Do you already used it ? If yes, can you send a sample code ?

Thank you in advance, and best regards !

Wilson

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts !

Did somebody already used the function CJWB_PROJECT_COPY to copy projects from templates ? I´m still facing the problem about the status object that is not set to a project copyed using CJWB_PROJECT_COPY.

Thank you in advance, and best regards,

Wilson

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have found the function RPM_COPY_PROJECT_TEMPLATE, but I can´t do that function copy a Template, it copies a project to another. There is some FM to generate a project from a template ?

Thank you in advance, and best regards,

Wilson

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sriram_korlepara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Can some body help me with the issue... Thanks...Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

There are no FM/BAPI to do the creation of operative structures from stds. The best way is to do it via BDC.

Regards,

Paval.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know of any either.