cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error " Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing xx...."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

I have an idoc to idoc scenario. when i was testing, in SXMB_MONI the status is processed successfully but in the payload getting an error

" The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/xx/Desktop/t...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><!-- Request Message Mapping --> EDI_DC40 4020000000017...

"

Can anyone help me in this..

-Anu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download all XML payloads in SXI_MONITOR (right click on MainDocument ( application/xml ) and then download, save with .xml extension) to your desktop. Now open the payloads ( .xml) with browser.

This for your information:-

This is error is thrown by browser ( Internet Explorer or SXI_MONITOR (it has a inbuilt browser)) when XML is not well formed. The payload you have download is not well formed XML. Rules for well formed XML are http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#sec-well-formed

This is document is bit difficult to understand.

In simple, a document in well - formed

1. It should have only one root element.

2. All elements should be properly nested.

3. &, < should be " &amp; " and " &lt; (when they are present in data).

Also note:- Chances of this error is more when you are using Java Mapping, XLST ( beacuse output of Graphical mapping is always well formed).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your payload is not well formed ! This is strange to me :

<!-- Request Message Mapping --> EDI_DC40 4020000000017...

I do not see any root tag and children ...

Rgds

Chris

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
in SXMB_MONI the status is processed successfully but in the payload getting an error

So the scenario executed successfully? And now you are trying to open the payload in Internet Explorer (i guess)?

If you copied the payload from SXMB_MONI and saved it in your system and then trying to open it, then make sure that there are no hyphens ("-") present in the copied payload.

If you are getting the above error during message processing then ensure that your mapping is working properly. Use the same payload that you get as Inbound Payload and test in IR.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jan 13, 2010 7:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I removed all the special characters frm my file.. but still error persists

Former Member
0 Kudos

and in IR.. its successfully working..