cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countdown clock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an external database configured as a new datasource in my AS that gives me a time information from a table. I need to retrieve this time and show it as a countdown clock in webdybpro. Any idea?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... but any ideia of how can I count it down? how can I refresh it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The TimedTrigger UI element can trigger a server-roundtrip at defined intervalls (should not be set too small). You can assign an action to it and in the action handler you can change any context data you need like the displayed time etc.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I'm new with NW... I could not find the Timed Trigger UI Element and even not the Timer UI in the view pallet.

Is there any plug-in i need to install?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is available in every standard Web Dynpro version >= 7.0 (not sure about 6.40). There exists no Timer UI element, only TimedTrigger.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice.. Now I found it....

Just one more question.. In your opinion, how is the best way for me to do this count down ? I mean... I could see that this Element will execute an event in every x seconds....but...:

- Must I retrieve de data value from the database, then keep it in a variable (Time type) and then decrement it?

- Create an EJB that represents this clock and call a method that gives-me the value? Is it possible?

If you were me, what would you do?

Sorry for the newbies questions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you should just query the server time in the action handler and compare it to the target time.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice!! Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use "Timer" UI element in a separate view.

Edit: I meant "TimedTrigger" UI element.

Edited by: Aviad Levy on Jan 13, 2010 4:00 PM