cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity resolution between Production Version and BOM components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a situation where:

Production Version validity: 20.12.2007 - 31.12.9999

BOM header validity: 20.12.2007 - 31.12.9999

BOM components have different validity.

Now, one BOM component was replaced by another on 15.12.2009 wrt to a change number effective 17.07.2009. Hence, old BOM component is valid till 17.07.2009 and new component is valid From 17.07.2009.

However, ever since this change, we are facing errors in CIF (CFM1/CFM2, RIMODINI and CFP3). The error says No entry found in transportation indicator for object, Log Component XXXX found neither in database nor in tables and ctivity S found neither in database nor in tables.

What is weird here is that these error are coming for the OLD Component which is no longer valid. If in testing I change the Production Version validity to From : 17.07.2009 then there is no error in CIF.

My questions are:

- Why is this being picked up even though it is not valid currently?

- I explored the option of PPM Selection Date in the integration model. By Default we use 3 - Resolution according to End date of Prod. Vers. I also tried with 1- Resolution according to time of transfer. Still same errors are thrown. Your comments on this?

- What is the standard practice for this situation? Does the change in Validity From of Prod Vers make any sense? There are SAP notes for similar issues but not this particular one.

Please share your input on the same.

Regards,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaditya,

ECM(Engeniering change management/different component validity) is not supported for PPM. You should use PDS for same.

Still there are following workarounds available to integrate different validity component with PPM.

1. To create new production version with same Bom and routing. Validity start of production version will be start of new validity date of component- I think already tried this and it is working but you want different solution.

2. Check sap note-453198 (user parameter-CF7)-this will transfer components without key dates. Check in your system whether this note is there is system. If it is not you can implement the same with consultation with SAP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for your help. Guess we'll go ahead and make the production version validity changes for the time being.

A couple of open issues, it'd be great if you could throw some light on them:

- In using parameter CF7, does it also transfer component not in validity anymore? In my case, I am getting error which shows the old component in the logs. In such a case i would like restrict the components transferred while CF7's definition says that all components are transferred.

- The PPM Selection Data field in the IMOD which has the option for Key Date selection based on Time of Transfer or Start/ End of Validity of Prod Vers. What is the difference between the options? In my case i could not see the difference in using one or the other.{even CIFing with Time of Transfer gave the error with old component}.

Regards,

Shiva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

With parameter CF7 old component will not be transfered after validity date expires.Its validity date will be set accordingly in PPM.

PPM selection date has implication on which production version gets transfered to APO.

1.0- Production version valid on selection date gets transfered.

2.1- Production version valid at the time of transfer

3.2-production version with validity start date

4. Production with valid end date.

This is only filteration crieteria for which production version to transfer.

Regards,

Siddharth