cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Value Shot Description instead of Fixed Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am having a peculiar issue in Passing domain values from ABAP webdynpro to Interactive forms.

The scenario is as given below.

1> Interactive form is only for display purpose.

2> Passing fields from a Z structure in interactive forms interface.

3> Certain fields in the Z structure are having data elements which are linked to domains.

4> The domains mentioned in point number 3 are having fixed values as well as short descriptions.

5> Fixed values are stored in the tables in R/3 and not short descriptions.

6> I want to display the Short Description in Interactive forms as a text box and not a dropdown value. Since it is just for display purpose, i dont want to display a dropdown value. Currently The fixed values are getting displayed.

I wanted to know if there is some way to do this without using Code.

I have quite a lot of fields and for all of these fields if we select values from dd07t table, Performance would be severely affected.

Please let me know if someone has any suggestions. If you need any more clarifications don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance and Warmest Regards

Mz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt find any workaround, so i had to use the method suggested by Robert,

Dynamic binding was not what i was looking for by the way.

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

Mz

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I guess you´re looking for dynamic binding. This question has been asked many times in the forum, so look around first. You´ll need to: a) allow yourself to use it (in LCD menu properties, dynamic binding = true) b) go to binding tab and click on the underlined name. Using the dynamic binding ou should be able to find all the details provided earlier. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mazin,

can you clarify a little?

let's say you have the field ZBUKRS with domain ZZBUKRS.

Domain ZZBUKRS has 3 Fixed Values

Val     Short Description
0001   Company 1
0002   Company 2
0003   Company 3

if you simply want to find the short description of a fixed value, you can call FM

CALL FUNCTION 'STF4_GET_DOMAIN_VALUE_TEXT'
      EXPORTING
        iv_domname      = 'ZZBUKRS'
        iv_value             =  '0002'
      IMPORTING
        ev_value_text    = lv_value
      EXCEPTIONS
        value_not_found = 1
        others                  = 2.

lv_value will be populated with 'Company 2'.

hope that helps.

rp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Let me try to clarify a bit more.

As mentioned by you, let us suppose that i have a field ZBUKRS with the domain ZZBUKRS having the same fixed values.

In case of Webdynpro ABAP, if i create a dropdown and bind this domain (ZZBUKRS) to the dropdown, when i run the report, i see the short descriptions in the dropdown. When selecting a value, the Fixed value is automatically selected for the selected short description. There is no need to go in for seperate coding to acheive this.

I was wondering, is there any way that a similar thing can be acheived in interactive forms without doing the coding. I know that we can use the FM 'STF4_GET_DOMAIN_VALUE_TEXT'. But since i have a large number of domains, i will have to use this repeatedly.

Hope i have not confused you

Please let me know if any further clarifications are required.

Thanks & with warmest regards,

Mz