cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPOMA_BBP does not remember last settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. This is a very small problem, but I just noticed that in 1 system PPOMA_BBP does not remember the last part of the structure I looked at or changed.

I have checked and I do not have the parameter OM_OBJM_NO_LAST_SEAR on my user. I even tried adding it with a blank value but that did not help.

Does anyone know why it is not remembering?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Dave.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

don't know if this will help or not.

Have you changed your desktop computer recently or are you working on another computer?

SAP uses a password locked MSAccess DB on the local machine to store history and I suspect that this may be the key.

Regards

Allen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

sorry my only thought is that the local DB/GUI is possibly corrupt in some way.

Have you tried working on a different PC to see if it is a local client problem or is related to SAP server?

Also try getting a colleague to use the same transaction to see if it still happens to them, that would narrow it down to your roles or profile settings.

Can you check that your personal/history settings in the local GUI are OK, have you changed any of these recently?

This procedure should enable you to localize the problem to either the desktop PC or the SAP system, you or everyone.

If it happens to everyone then it is most likely the server and you would probably need to raise an OSS call with SAP. If it is a local problem you would be between a rock and a hard place, where SAP say it is OK for them, but you still have the problem?

If it is a local PC problem try re-installing the SAP GUI front end that may help.

Also check that you have the up to date GUI logon verison 710 I think?

Cannot think of much else on this but I would be interested to know the solution.

Allen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. There is no-one else to ask at the moment but I do think that it is the same for all users, I have asked before.

It is such a small issue I do not know if it is worth asking SAP, but I will raise a message when I get chance.

It is normally possible to control the behaviour of PPOMA_BBP with parameter OM_OBJM_NO_LAST_SEAR on your user record in SU01 but I do not have that set and it makes no difference on our system.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you geting this message everytime you loginto PPOMA_BBP

plan version current plan was set

You can ask. SRM-EBP-ADM expertise will reply indeed.

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

i could not get you fully.

i can try ..

please explain in details. you helped many of us.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. When I go to PPOMA_BBP it does not remember the last part of the structure I went to.

Normally the structure is open at the last place you went to.

Every time I go in all I can see is the root node.

It is very strange, I have never seen it do this before.

I am using the same PC and all of the other SAP local data works fine so I do not think it is that causing the problem.

It is not a big problem at all, but if anyone has any ideas that would be nice to know.

Thanks a lot for all your help as usual.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

yes.

i believe from EBP 3.5 to srm 550. it is the same behavior. where we left the screen , the same will be available when we log in next time

for eg. today i search Purchse group

tomorrow i can see the same purchase group same place.

if i want new i have to modify my search option.

i could not answer your technical stuff whic u demanded ..

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. That is the problem. Today I see purchase groups, tomorow I see nothing.

I have to search every time I go in.

Every time I go in it resets.

Reards,

Dave.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allen

can you help Dave?

i indeed dont know

let us wait for others reply.

br