cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Project category missing in Web Dynpro Perspective in CE7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All i am a novell in CE7.1 when i try to create my first project in CE7.1

As per an sap document the first step says -> Choose File -> New -> Project. The New Project wizard appears. From the list, select the Web Dynpro category, followed by Web Dynpro Project. (1. Webdynpro DC, 2. Webdynpro Project)

but when i browse through the above steps i can only see the Webdynpro Developement Component but the 2nd item Webdynpro Project is not visible, pleas esuggest what do i do??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Standalone projects are removed in CE 7.1 EHP1 version , so u cannot see that option.

check this link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/26/b7fa511a964597a5d8c1b778508936/content.htm]

If u are working on CE 7.1 version , then it should be possible to create standalone project.

Thanks and Regards,

Fazal Ahamed

Edited by: Fazal Ahamed on Jan 13, 2010 5:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Fazal,

but when i was going through a CE7.1 tutorial using the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/5821c52d251feee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

it says use wdj project, now how can i proceed??

i took the DC object and developed my project with it i selected the follwoing parameters

Vendor: demo.sap.com

Name : XXX

Caption: XXX

Domain: Basis

Support Component: ACH

then created an applications and just deployed so that i can see the" Hello World" deployed ont the browser but there was an error:

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.core.DispatcherException: The requested deployable object 'sap.com/hellonew' and application 'Abc' are not deployed on the server. Please check the used URL for typos.

Exception id: [0019BBEBDE4A002600000D6C000016C500047D1A91026F18]

if you can help me it would be gr8. even though i cannot create a WDJ project standalone but cant i create a WDJ project in DC (for custom application) , am i doing something wrong during running the creation wizard??

Note: i have a standalone eclipse CE7.1 installed in my machine and i am trying to deploy the new applciation on our dev portal server

Edited by: Jack on Jan 15, 2010 12:21 PM

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the naming aconvention used in giving name for the packages. amy be the url length is exceeding the maximum length of 256 characters.

So you may try to delete the application and create it again and deploy it again.

Thanks ,

Sarbjeet Singh