cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAR Support through Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not worked in VAR support for some time so would appreciate some clarification please.

If a VAR customer logs a message directly onto SAP Service Marketplace, how does this message reach the Support Partner?

I know the process should be that the message is logged on the partner's SolMan Service Desk but if the partner does not use this, how does the message reach them?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have not worked in VAR support for some time so would appreciate some clarification please.

> If a VAR customer logs a message directly onto SAP Service Marketplace, how does this message reach the Support Partner?

The message will not reach the Support Partner, if the customer has created the message directly in SAP Service Marketplace.

>

> I know the process should be that the message is logged on the partner's SolMan Service Desk but if the partner does not use this, how does the message reach them?

Partners need to setup a SolMan. See for details and recommended scenarios [www.service.sap.com/var-partner]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

I am in the process of setting up Solution Manager Service Desk in the meantime I will ensure that customers log messages directly with the partner.

Could I also check whether SAP'd direct customers are covered by Enterprise Support's 24 x 7 Priority 1 cover if they log a ticket on a support partner's SolMan Service Desk?

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thank you for the information.

> I am in the process of setting up Solution Manager Service Desk in the meantime I will ensure that customers log messages directly with the partner.

> Could I also check whether SAP'd direct customers are covered by Enterprise Support's 24 x 7 Priority 1 cover if they log a ticket on a support partner's SolMan Service Desk?

SAP direct customers will not enter the message into the partner SolMan Service Desk, but directly in SAP Support Portal.

See also the following view an SAP Support Portal (in case a customer receives support from different service providers):

[Info for SAP if going live with Service Desk for VARs|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000725685&_OBJECT=011000358700001894492008E]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this.

It has helped me to understand the difference in support service routes for VAR and direct customers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

I am in the process of setting up Solution Manager Service Desk in the meantime I will ensure that customers log messages directly with the partner.