cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent User Status from being set by System Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if there is a standard way to prevent setting some User Status as long as activity network is not released.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

Nir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to consider implementing a validation using statuses.

Check out Note 440186 - FAQ 2: Validation and substitution in the project..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

You can prohibit release of network using a user status by setting transaction control Release for the user status.

Regards,

Paval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paval but this is not what I'm looking for...

from my opinion there isn't any standard way of doing it.

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are standard ways of doing this. Please refer the status management section in SAP Help or else you can explore this in the t-code OK02.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

If you know standard ways of doing it, please share...the purpose of this forum is for sharing information and not for an easy solution as you suggest here.

This question may interesting many consultant, however, if you believe that the answer can be found at SAP Help I will be greatefull if you send me the link becouse after many efforts I coudn't.

Best Regards,

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

Go through the link mentioned below,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a9/8a853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Once you have read it thoroughly create a user status. Dont forget to select the object types for which this user status should work. Once you have created the user status, in the business transactions list, for the transaction Release check the radio button under Forbidden. This should fulfill your requirement. When you assign this user status to a Network or an activity it should prohibit the release transaction.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Jan 14, 2010 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thank you very much for your reply, However, I'm looking for the opposite process. I don't need to prevent "release" by user status... The functionality I was looking for is to prevent User status to be set as long as the object (Activity Network in my case) has'nt been releas yet. for example:

My Activity is steel on System status = Create and

User Status = 10 NotApproved

Some user want to set to User status = 20 Approved. The system not allow because the project hasn't been realesed.

I hope that now my explanation is better.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Nir

Edited by: Nir Horvitz on Jan 14, 2010 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

I am sorry i misunderstood your question. However you can refer the explanation i have given in my previous post and proceed accordingly.

You said you have an initial user status as Not Approved. For this user status, according to the object types you choose you can allow or forbid transactions as per your requirement. Doing this will not allow any user to set a user status that is forbidden by the user status "Not Approved".

You need to do it once to completely understand the functionality. Within the system limits you can play around with user status as you like. Hope my answer is satisfactory this time.

Any queries please revert.

Regards,

Gokul