cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods & Service Tax [GST-India]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

India is going to step into new era of TAX system i.e.. GST, in near future. I understand that all Excise,CESSES,VAT,CST, AED,SED etc... will be subsumed in GST. Which will work in a model of CGST-Central, SGST-State, IGST-Interstate.

Dear friends if any of you have any idea abt how this will work in our current SAP CIN system, please through some light. Expecting further discussion on this topic.

Thanks & Regards

C.Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lalit
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any input on this thread????

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simiple logic you can arrive is that if at all Government is going to implement GST from financial year 2010-11, necessary notification should have been published by now.

Since as I said, no body is clear on this, you can take it for granted, this will be postponed to next financial year that is 2011-12. I am also sure, no members in this forum can give any more information precisely.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check note released by SAP. Note No -1392876. I am with Lakshmipathi that Govt. will post pone this .

Regards,

Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Joshi on Feb 20, 2010 7:14 PM

Edited by: Abhijit Joshi on Feb 20, 2010 7:16 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be precise, Indian Government itself is not clear on the modus operandi of GST. To my knowledge, no notification has been released so far.

Of course, the outline indication is that there will be no VAT / CST and all will go in one condition type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this SAP INDIA already release OSS note,kindly check that.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapildev Farakte,

Yes i have already gone through the note and understood. But i am trying to make some discussions thread, which would help most of us in future. So please try to give your valuable suggestions and inputs.

Regards

Praveen Kumar....