cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript same font and size,but different output length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have developed some invoices for several countries.In my footer,i have some general informations on the firma.

My problem is that in one of the invoices my text has a length of 5 cm for example and in another invoice,the same thext with the same font and size has for ex 5,5 cm,why is that?

I have checked to see whether there are some differences between these 2 paraghraph formats,but they are identical,what can be the problem?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are fonts "monospaced" and "proportional". At the first one, all characters occupy the same space, ie 'i' occupies the same as 'm', but not in proportional fonts. So if you're using a proportional font, it can happen that a word with many 'i' takes up less space than one with the same characters but more 'w'. I don't know if i explain correctly.

In summary, try to use a monospaced font. For example, I think courier is monospaced.

regards,

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Sandra's (good) response, my question would be if the paragraph formats are identical, then why do you need them both anyway? Delete one and use the other for both lines or text elements. It must be the language though...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't indicate explicitly what is different between 5 and 5.5 cm: is it the spacing between characters?

Which countries/languages?

Run transaction SE73, enter printer fonts, select device type, then click "font conversion". You have to enter a language. Then you see whether SAP changes the font.

There are also the font metrics , still defined at printer font level, which defines the width of each character. Maybe they are wrong.