Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on opening an SAP Transaction in IE Browser

ipejohn_jerin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am trying to create an integrated scenario with BusinessObjects and SAP ERP. I would like

to create a URL which would open an SAP transaction in Internet Explorer. I understand that the Internet

Transaction Server could be used for this purpose. Could you please guide me on the steps to achieve

the same ?

Regards, Jerin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To achive this we need to activate ITS services from Tcode SICF & then you will be able to use tcode via URL.

Thanks..

Mohit

ipejohn_jerin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit ,

Thanks for your reply. I started transaction SICF but I`m not sure of the steps to achieve this.

Could you give me the steps to create a service here ? I see default_host & SAPConnect here.

Regards, Jerin.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerin,

The following WIKI might be of help if you want to know how to call a transaction via the WEBGUI: [How to prefill fields and skip first screen with webgui? |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/Z1c ]

the other option is to create a custom service that has the ~transaction parameter set within it.

See the following WIKI for this: [Article - Employ SAP GUI for HTML instead of an Internet service |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/i50 ]

In transaction SICF:

o Open the corresponding tree node for the ITS services

transaction /nsicf > default host ->

sap -> bc -> gui -> sap -> its

Select "Create Host /Service"

Create a new service and add the parameters ~transaction XXX and ~webgui 1

to the GUI Configuration section.

Note: If you want to test the service

o Select "Test service" from context menu of the service node

i.e: Right Click -> Test Service

This will launch the service in the browser - from here logon

to system again.

Also useful is the SAP Help:

[SAP ITS in SAP NetWeaver Application Server |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4f/2e6a52c3cdc44d83169b181a9c62ba/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Oisin ONidh on Jan 13, 2010 1:39 PM

Spelling correction

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerin,

You can create an internet service in the Abap Workbench (txn. SE80) for the transaction code which you need to view on the Internet Explorer. To do the same note the following steps :

1. Goto Txn SE80

2. Select "Internet Service"

3. Give the name of the service in customer namespace (starts with Y or Z).

4. Double click on the object just created.

5. On the right hand portion of the screen --> Goto TAB "Parameter" and add the following parameters & their values :

Parameter Name Values

~AUTOSCROLL 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TRANSACTION <Your desired txn. code>

6. Save the service.

7. Right click on the Object (Internet service created by you) --> Publish --> Service File

8. Right click on the Object (Internet service created by you) --> Publish --> Complete Service

9. Goto Transaction SICF, give the service name in the selection screen and execute.

10. Select the Service and right click and select "Activate Service".

11. You can either execute the service from here in SICF by right click and "test Service" or can do the same in Txn. SE80.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Anirban Kundu