cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Java - how to begin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm XI consultant and in my work I often need knowledges of Java programming. Not very complex, just a writing UDF and other. So, could you advise me how I should begin my learning?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

As far as working with UDF's in PI is considered, you need to have basic understanding on STRING & INTEGER object of Java. In short an understanding of Basic Java will be helpfule.

For Java mapping you may need to know intermediate java techniques. So if you search google for Basic java and Intermediate Java then you will have many online tutorials to get you costumed with the syntaxes. But for real apllication of these you need to search SDN and see the variuos problems where an UDF or java mapping is used

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might be a good starting point:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

Regards

Patrick

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honest opinion will be by searching for blogs/ threads which deal on how to write a java code or a UDF.

If you keep a track on SDN on a daily basis you will at least find one solved thread which tells you how to implement a particular logic using a UDF......the latest one is by AMIT K ..... so the keyword is search.

Regards,

Abhsihek.