cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not to pick partial quantity than order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented WH and have an issue in goods issue to production order.

Production order qty for part 'A' = 6 Meter

WH availability of part 'A' = 3 Meter.

TR / TO is generated to pick '3 Meter' - partial order quantity. The requirement is to pick / issue only '6 meter'. In this case we do not want the system to generate TO for partial quantity, since 3 meter long cable cant be used.

Only in the case of cables with UoM meter, FT etc, partial qty picking should be blocked in TO. Kindly let me know how this can be achieved and what config need to be changed.

Please reply,

regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We have implemented WH and have an issue in goods issue to production order.

Production order qty for part 'A' = 6 Meter

WH availability of part 'A' = 3 Meter.

TR / TO is generated to pick '3 Meter' - partial order quantity. The requirement is to pick / issue only '6 meter'. In this case we do not want the system to generate TO for partial quantity, since 3 meter long cable cant be used.

Only in the case of cables with UoM meter, FT etc, partial qty picking should be blocked in TO. Kindly let me know how this can be achieved and what config need to be changed.

My first question: if the part is not available why the PrdOrd is released?

Second question: if componant quantity in PrdOrd is 6m can it be picked from several bins? E.g. 6m <-- 2m from bin1 + 1m from bin2 + 3m from bin3

Please check wheter this setting in WM/PP interface suit your requirement:

SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > Define Production - here choose button "Whse Number" --> field "Complete Matl staging" (V_T340DH-MNGPP)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Good morning to you. Please ref my reply

> My first question: if the part is not available why the PrdOrd is released?

*1. It is business requirement is to release order even with component shortages.*

> Second question: if component quantity in PrdOrd is 6m can it be picked from several bins? E.g. 6m <-- 2m from bin1 + 1m from bin2 + 3m from bin3

2. No. Exact '6 meter' qty is what is required for production. Picking multiple pieces to get the required order qty is current issue we would to fix.

> Please check wheter this setting in WM/PP interface suit your requirement:

> SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > Define Production - here choose button "Whse Number" --> field "Complete Matl staging" (V_T340DH-MNGPP)

3. We could not enable this because it impacts all the materials.

Requirement is to issue full qty only those materials having lenght as the unit of measure - 'Meter, FT' . Other materials having unit of measure like 'EA' can be issued partially.

Please reply.

Thanks in advance,

Raj

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPRO > LE > WM > Tools > Develop User Exists for Warehouse Management

(Maybe: MWMTO003 , MWMTO004 can be used)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 14, 2010 6:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your reply.

regards,

Raj