cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS ValueHelp - Translation of texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using OVS ValueHelp in our WD application. This application can be used both in German & English language.

The functionality of OVS is working fine. But the problem is with the translation of the texts in OVS valuehelp.

The label & buttons, "Advanced Search", "Go" and "Exitu201D of the valuehelp are displayed in English language irrespective of the language selection.

How can I translate the texts 'Advanced Search', 'Go' and 'Exit' of the OVS valuehelp in other language (German)?

Thanks

Mahaboob Hussain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP labels should be translated already at least if you use standard mechanisms like Portal language, DC language, browser language, ....

So the question is: How do you do the language selection? If you just implmented a switch english/german yourself, the language detection still uses the portal or browser language.

Try to use those switches for german/english content display (easiest way: use personalisation in portal header).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello jan,

My application is deployed in such a way that it can be used in German & English languages (Internationalization concept, using .xlf files).

Currently my application is successfully displaying in german language when the user select German language using personalization of the portal header (as mentioned by you).

But the texts in OVS ValueHelp are still shown in english, even though the selected language is German.

My question is how can i modify (develop) the OVS such that the texts 'Advance Search', 'Go' & 'Exit' can be displayed in German language. (as NWDS doesn't show the .xlf files of this valuehelp (view)).

Thanks

Mahaboob Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds like a bug to me. The value help component should use the session locale automatically.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Is there any solution for this bug?

In the OVS Valuehelps, I want to display those texts in German, when the user select German in the personalization.

Thanks & Regards

Mahaboob Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, if the value help texts appear in a different language than the session locale, this is a bug.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out note 1101318

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1101318

It is not very new, but it might be your problem.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lebbink,

First of-all thanks it was useful....

as you mentioned it is an old note (7.14). Is there any new one (refined) with more useful changes & of for the latest versions. By the way It is working fine after implementing the note . But the only issue is that the translated texts were not perfect, Is there any possibility for giving our own texts or is there any latest (refined) note on this.

Thanks

Mahaboob Hussain

Answers (0)