cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve the performance of adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give me some suggestions as to how to improve the performance of adobe form?

Right now when I' am doing user events it is working fine for first 6 or 7 user events. From the next

one it is hanging.

I read about Wizard form design approach, how to use the same here.

Thanks,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check if your caching option is set true. Read through the manual, it is covered there. It is a change in some customizing table some FP_something. If that is set to true (what is by default I think) caching won t help. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was due to the version of JS_container being old, I updated it using SFP_ZCI_UPDATE transaction.

Now it is fine.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

its answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

Can you please provide me some information on the improving the performance of Adobe forms?

Currently we are facing similar issue that you had faced. Whenever the form tries to access R3 for getting data like SearchHelp the size of the forms increases exponentially up to some 6 or 7 MB and then a timeout error comesout.

I am aware of how to handle the TimeOut error, but can I use the same transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE to run updates to improve the performance? Details of form development below:

Form: through SFP

Strategy: Linked the on line Form on portal to R/3 with WebDynpro applications.

This WebDynpro context holds the fields for which we have assigned standard SearchHelps.

Thanks,

Anil

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to help you, but I don´t understand the problem.

first: what type of scenario you´re using? WD? Offline? please provide some details.

second: what are these events? You mean the scripting events to place the JS/FC code?

third: what does that mean "hangs"? what should happen and what actually happens?

fourth: a wizard? what kind of a wizard?

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

The form is created using HCM forms and processes. I' am performing user events in the form.

User events will doa round trip, in which form data will be sent to backend SAP system. Processing will

happen on the ABAP side and result will appear on the form. First 6 or 7 user events works correctly,

the result is appearing on the form. Around 8 or 9th one, the wait symbol appears and the form is not

re-rendered. The form is of size 6 pages. The issue is not coming with form of size 1 page.

I was reading ways to improve performance during re-rendering given below.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/DynamicInteractiveFormPerformance.pdf

It talks about wizard form design approach. But in SFP transaction, I am not seeing any kind of wizard.

Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue clearly seems to be the size of the form. When I reduced the size of the form and checked it, it seems to be

working fine. Is there any important to be noted when creating big forms(6-7 pages).

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue seems to be caused due to form re-rendering. How can we improve the form re-rendering performance

using cache options. If anyone has knowledge on this area, please help me.

Thanks,

Aravind