Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on ERP-GTS integration

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know how is the integration happening between SAP ERP and GTS?

Is it only via the RFC-enabled function modules or some other technology is being used?

Thanks,

Rupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the document transfer occurs through the plug-in where as the master data transfer needs to be transfered manually from the feeder system

cheers

S.Janagar

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to what Janagar said there are certain BADIs that must be activated in your feeder system for the documents to be transferred into GTS system.

Regards,

Vijay V

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your reply....It was very helpful.

Few more questions:-

1. Whats the average sige of GTS server in the customer scenarios.

2. What are the big tables in GTS?

3. How's the data distribution in GTS? like how is the master data and custom documents organized? Whats their proportion?

Thanks,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for sizing, I would suggest you try:

http://service.sap.com/quicksizing

Because it is always quite different...

Cheers,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a file existing GTS_30_Sizing.pdf somewhere in the SAP pages, specifically for GTS sizing. It all depend on the amount of documents created per hour and how many services you are using.. This is the general recommendation, based on the number of item lines per hour:

2.1.2 Sizing transactional data including checks

The table below lists the initial CPU sizing suggestions for transactional data such as orders, purchase

requisitions or deliveries, for example. Note the following: All three checks are being performed at line

item level.

Category Up to # objects per hour SAPS by number of line Items

5 line items 10 line items 50 line items

Small 1,000 160 SAPS 330 SAPS 1500 SAPS

Medium 2,500 400 SAPS 780 SAPS 3750 SAPS

Large 5,000 800 SAPS 1600 SAPS 7500 SAPS

Extra Large 10,000 1600 SAPS 3200 SAPS 15,000 SAPS

BR Martin

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam,

I would suggest quicksizer tool for sizing

http://service.sap.com/quicksizing

Regards,

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the answer. It was very helpful.

Another relation question:-

If any document on the GTS side is created updated / changed , how is it handled in the corresponding feeder system (mainly concerned with ERP)? Does it also gets reflected / updated in the feeder system?

Also, please let me know if there are any links or documents with details of intergartion and relevant configuration available.

Thanks a lot,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the "backwards" integration of GTS (e.g. back to Feeder system ERP) is different for each GTS function/module.

- Compliance Mgm.

If a document was blocked for compliance reasons by GTS Compliance Management, e.g becaus of missing export license or

or because of a hit on SPL screening. You will get an information in yóur corresponding ERP logistic document (e.g sales

order, delivery...). But with the standard implementation the block will not affect any subsequent document creation (e.g. if

sales order is blocked - you are still able to create delivery).

To avoid this you have implement some OSS notes to prefent the creation of subsequent documents after a GTS block.

If the corresponding (blocked) document is released in GTS (e.g. export licence is assigned or the SPL hit was checked and

found as false hit. The ERP document will also be released.

---> as you can see here is an backwards integration given.

- Customs Mgm.

- If you create in your feeder system Sales order, delivery and a GTS relevant (Proforma)Invoice. GTS will create a customs

declaration and can transmit the customs dec electronically to the authorieties...

But in case of any data changes in the customs declaration there is no backwards integration to ERP. (e.g. if the GTS

customs declaration is cancelled - the ERP Invoice will not be affected - but if the Incoice is cancelled, the GTS customs

declaration will be cancelled)

- If you transfer products to GTS and classify them with e.g. commdity and tariff codes there is also no standard re-transfer by

GTS. If you want to re-transfer the assigned commodity codes you have to execute some functions in GTS and also in ERP.

- Risk Mgm.

If you are using Preference Mgm. to determine preference status of a material - you must also implement some additional

coding (provided by OSS note) to get the preference status back to ERP from GTS. This can be used to set the preference

indicator in a sales order or invoice...

This is also a rough overview about the backwards integration from GTS to ERP.... i am sure there are more points, i haven't considered yet....

Cheers,

Ralf

also useful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts80/helpdata/de/b1/8dc5c62c885046ab71fdcddc6ad2c2/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf

I have configured the SPL check in the SAP GTS system. So when I save the order in R3, it shows the pop up for the GTS with the message that SPL checked/Blocked. I can also see this order among the blocked documents in SAP GTS.However the order does not get blocked in ERP and I am able to create delivery for it despite it being still blocked in SAP GTS.

You have suggested in your post of 6/11/09 that some OSS notes needs to be implemented to prevent the creation of subsequent documents after a GTS block. Can you please let me know the OSS notes no to resolve this issue ?

Regards

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check [OSS 579357 |https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=579357]...

hope that helps ...

regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only RFC.