cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it mandatory to always use security settings while using SOAP Adapter ? I mean when you invoke a free webservice then do we have to use security settings ? Rather is it possible to use SOAP Adapter without using security settings ?

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By security settings do you mean HTTPS?

Security setting in a normal case means providing a password for connection.....if it is a freely available WS then it may not have any passowrd associate with it and is normally used for practice purpose.

The same is not provided for Sender SOAP channel......for the sender SOAP, the sending application should provide proper user details before invoking the XI web service......this is not related for your main question...just for your info.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I meant we see an option " Select Security Profile " under Security Parameters in SOAP adapter, both sender as well as receiver.

I was wondering when we enable it.

Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used web services over the internet and extranet and have never needed to use this option - have you not checked the help on the SOAP Adapter to see the use of this option already ?

Cheers

Colin.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is used to introduce message-level security....say if you want to encrypt/ decrypt the message passing through XI then in such cases we use the above setting.....in such cases we need to make use of Certificates....normally used in case of financial transactions.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In general it is not obligatory to use security in SOAP adapter BUT from my experience i can say that if you work with BUSINESS data (for example invoice) you have to use security settings.

BR,

Dzmitry

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Its not mandatory to use security settings.

Regards,

J Augastine