cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the default output structure when phase indicator is 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using OVS search help for material field in my table control. My requirement is when i click on material F4 help then the default searhlist should be displayed along with the input search fields.

I have the code for this requirement but my issuse is i am not able to get the default searchlist when i press F4.

Below is the code i used. As per the requirement i am calling the method "set_output_table" in phase indicator 1. But i am getting the runtime exception as OVS set_output_table cannot be called in this phase.

WHEN if_wd_ovs=>co_phase_1. "set search structure and defaults

CALL METHOD ovs_callback_object->set_output_table

EXPORTING

output = lt_mat_result.

Could somebody please suggest me in which phase indicator i should call this set_output_table when i want to display default searchlist by pressing F4.

please suggest how to acheive this..?

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go for Dictionary Search help and activate Personal Value List. In personal value list tab, you can set some default values which will appear.

Otherwise you can go for Freely Programmed Search help and define your own view as per your requirement.

Refer Standard comp Demo_Value_Help for Search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurav,

Thanks for your reply.

If its Dictionary search help is it possible to remove the two tabs personal value list , general value list and navigation menu, Add to personal value list buttons ?

If so could please suggest me how can i remove or hide the buttons or tabs in the dictionary search help...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Dicationary Search help , it wont be possible to remove tabs and buttons.

You can go for Freely Programm Search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurav,

Thanks for your inputs.

Is there any standard application for freely programmed search help...?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard Comp : Demo_Value_Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurav,

I am using SRM 5.0 , DEMO_VALUE_HELP is not available in this...We dont have R/3 also to check the standard application...

Could you please post the code to this requirement if you have so that it will be useful....

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I am using freely programmed search help..

I have created used component(Child component) . Declared this in the current component application and in the view as a interface controller. For the context attribute input help mode i have selected as "Freely programmed search help". and for the input help component usuage property i am trying to select the search help name but its showing "No values found".

I followed the below link...to create freely pgmed search help...

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Freely%20programmed%20input%20help

As per the above titorial for the input field i need to select the value help but i am getting no values found...

Could you please tell me the steps in brief to call Webdynprocomponent as a Freely programmed SH in parent component...

Please suggest .......

Regards

Sireesha.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

OVS help makes use of the Phase Model.

So display of input search fields takes palce in Phase 1.

and display of search list takes place in phase 2. So if you want to directly display serch list you can skip the phase 1 i.e. do nothing in phase 1.

Having input search field along with search list directly can't be achived because SET_INPUT_STRUCTURE method can't be called in phase 2 and set_output_table method can't be called in phase 1.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Yes i agree. As per the SAP standard in phase 1 default searchlist cannot be set

but i would like to know whether its possible in OVS this kind of requirement...? otheriwse i can just for only pahse2 itself.

If somebody, who worked on OVS ,can give any other ideas on this it would be really helpful...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Is there any altearnative way of displaying default search list in OVS? Can you please suggest if you have any ideas...

Regards

Sireesha.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

By default serch list , do you mean that if user clicks on the F4 button without entering any input in input field then directly the search list should be displayed which shows all the data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I mean the default search list should be displayed when F4 is pressed along with the input search fields. ie., when F4 is pressed i should ge the input selection screen fields and also some default list should also be displayed.

Hope its clear.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Could you please reply if you have any idea on how to achieve this...?

Regards

Sireesha.