Plant to Plant Transfer without Inter company or Movement of Goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

We have a very critical requirement. The explannation is as follows

We have a Enterprice structure:-

Company Code A :- 111------> Main source of supplying the Stock

Plant for Company code A :- 222

Company code B :- 333-----> Will act like a Agent which will not have stock stored vbut will manage the sales

Plant for company code B :- 444

Note:- The client doesnt want any invoice flowing from Plant to Plant

the idea is to set a process wehrein goods will be trasported from Mine Location to Port location from Plant 222 and the actual Sales will be happeing from Plant 444.AS we can see the Plant 222 & 444 are not linked at all.As per the requirement we cannot use intercompany process or do any stock trasfer beacuse if the good fall under company code 333 & Plant 444 then the company will be liable to pay Taxes they dont want any invoice flowing from Plant to plant .So the Company code 333 and Plant 444 is acting just like a agent which will just check the sales.

Kindly let me know is there any way out to make this process work.

Thanks in Advance

AA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The usual solution for this business case is to set an additional plant for your company to represent the third-party logistics provider AKA the Agent in your case.

Structure would be:

Company Code A :- 111

Mine Location:- Plant 222

Port location :- Plant 999

Both plants belong to the same company code 111.

You don't need to create the Agent as a Company Code in your system. It is most probably a Vendor in your SAP system and also a Customer if you need to send free goods for testing..

>> the idea is to set a process wherein goods will be transported from Mine Location to Port location

Correct, therefore 2 plants must defined in the system.

In some special cases it is enough to use an additional storage location instead of an additional plant, you must evaluate yourself what is the best solution in your case.

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

user t.code MB1B - Enter Tansfer Posting (with movement type '301' -Plant to Plant transfer).

hope this will hlep.

regards

Vivek.