cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Web Dynpro with Web Service Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, I want to understand this type of model. I already configured my SR and CE enviroment and when I try to create a web service model, after I load the WSDL with endpoint (directly from de SR), the wizard ask me again for the logical destinations that I have to mantain later in the NWA. Why if the endpoint has information of the runtime I have to configure again this in the destinations?

What is the best practice for doing this? Any documentation? I am lost.

Thanks

Regards

SU

Edited by: soauniverse on Jan 12, 2010 11:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SU

Logical destination has the following sense. Imagine you are developing/testing your application in the Development environment. Later on you will deploy the tested application on the production or even customer environment. Web-service endpoints will be different in the case.

In general you should not relay on the design-time endpoint, because runtime environment after deployment can be completely different. Logical destinations allows to configure your application after deployment.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siarhei,

Thanks for your reply. So, if I want to change the configuration of the backend that Im usign (from DEV to PRD) I only have to change the parameters of my logical destination?

If this is true, please tell me what is the WSDL url that I must use (the WSDL definition or the WSDL of the binding - endpoint). It has to be the same for metadata connection and execution connection?

Thanks

Regards

SU

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>So, if I want to change the configuration of the backend that Im usign (from DEV to PRD) I only have to change the parameters of my logical destination?

Theoretically, Yes.

>what is the WSDL url that I must use (the WSDL definition or the WSDL of the binding - endpoint). It has to be the same for metadata connection and execution connection?

Yes, it have to be the same in the sense that you have to use only the URL to the root WSDL document. All other embedded WSDL parts (WSDL binding, etc.) shall be downloaded by the WSDL Import Wizard in background when you are importing the WSDL into your project in NWDS. So you do not need to take care about the embedded WSDL parts - they shall be downloaded automatically after the root WSDL definition by the web-service tools that you are using or by web-service frameworks.

BR, Siarhei

Answers (0)