cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make file append work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looks like nothing is working today for me I am trying to append multiple files into a single file using the file processing mode as "Append". When I send 1st with content as TEST1, its creating new file. When I send 2nd file with content as TEST2, I expect to see a file with TEST1 & TEST2, but I see only the 1st file content and I get the following message:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target file '/home/pitest/file.txt' already exists and must not be overwritten

Any thought on this? We should be able to append multiple files within the same receiver file name, isn't that right??

Thanks,

Riya Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

This seems to be authorization isse at target directory. Please refer below threads.

[]

[]

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

We have checked the authorizations at target directory, user and file level. Have given all authorizationa (777) and tried at all levels directory, file and user. We still have the same problem:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target file '/home/filename.txt' already exists and must not be overwritte

Guys, any help on this one. I thought append is pretty stright forward, I can't belive I am having issues in Apeend mode too.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Riya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riya,

I would advise trying the same scenario at a different destination folder to rule out any auth issues. Preferrably on the same XI server. This will clarify if the problem is with the adapter or the authorization of the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When triggering the interface 2nd time, make sure the file created (1st time) is closed (if you kept it open).

Thanks,

Saravanan.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I make sure to keep it closed?

We have tried to write file to different destination folders by giving them the complete permissions (777) to the folder(s), user and even to file. Nothing seems to be working.

Any thoughts? Ideas? I can't think this will be so difficult in PI. Any other issue or area that we should look into other than authorization??

Thanks,

Riya Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

Why dont you try by changing destination server? I think on same server you are trying different fodlers. This kind of errors will come when authorization is not correct at target.

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that target file is not locked by any other application. Try to delete any temporary file present in the folder, hidden files.