cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBSL_EC_RESTART class and DBSL_EC_OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Recently I received a request from my project director (A man who is far more technical than your average project director). Below is the message:

-

Pleases end me a copy of the list of error return codes in the reconnect class DBSL_EC_RESTART.

AND

the list of error codes in DBSL_EC_OK.

-

I understand these classes are the "hard wired" ORA Return code numbers that are in the SAP Database Shared Libraries. This along with Profile Parameter (RZ10) rsdb/reco_add_error_codes help SAP's disp+work process determine when something went wrong on it's database connection and it needs to initiate a reconnect.

I've Googled my Project Director's question (Specifically searched Google for "DBSL_EC_RESTART"). This produced no useful results. Any clues on where I might be able to find this?

Regards,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS. We are using Oracle 10g.

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about note:

Note 41678 - DB reconnect: additive error return codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Peter and my sincere thanks for the response. Following your reference note through other notes I found this mentioned in OSS Note 24806:

a) for ORACLE:

ORA1001, ORA1012, ORA1034, ORA1089, ORA1092, ORA2725, ORA3106, ORA3113, ORA3114.

As of R/3 Release 3.1I or 4.0B the following errors are also included in the "RECONNECT" class:

ORA1014, ORA1090, ORA1033, ORA12500, ORA12570, ORA12571.

Would this be our answer?

Many thanks again,

Phillip