cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish connection between MII 12.1 and UDS 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had been working with MII 12.0 and UDS 4.0 KepwareEx4 without any problems. Now that we are migrating to MII 12.1, I am having difficulty establishing a data connection with UDS 4.0. I am keeping all the parameters same as in 12.0. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Can somebody throw any light?

Regards,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you still have 12.0 connected to it? Only one connection can exist on the port. Otherwise the netweaver logs should help indicate the issue.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I created 2 seperate UDS instances (2 different ports) - one connected to 12.0 and the other to 12.1. The former is running but the later shows an error. Any clue?

Chanti.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What do the logs report?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error: Unable to create socket connection to <UDS Machine Name : Port>

java.net.UnknownHostException: <UDS Machine Name>

I tried 2 different ports. Its the same for both.

Would you need more description?

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...I think I fixed it. It didn't like the machine name there. Instead accepted the IP address. 12.0 never griped though...strange!

Chanti.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually the single port limitations should only be when you have more than one UDS on the same machine (they can't both listen on the same TCP/IP port).

It is optional of course, but you should not need separate UDS's for MII 12.0 and 12.1, meaning that the host UDS environment should be capable to respond from requests from both servers. The UDC Tag data server setup on the MII side does not maintain any connection to the UDS like found with JDBC connections to databases (pooled), but each request is made on demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got you. Thats how I had it setup eventually. One UDS instance listening to both trusted requesters - MII 12.0 and 12.1. I didn't notice any limitation there.

One difference I notied was - 12.0 was ok with machine name where as 12.1 expected an IP address.

Chanti.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that the 12.0 and 12.1 MII servers are separate machines or VM instances, I would expect that a command prompt ping of the machine name would produce different results when run locally on the MII servers.

Perhaps it is merely a domain name resolution issue difference between the two servers (or at least the path to get to the UDS box from the MII server).