cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbp_catalog_transfer can it be used to transfer oci items to create PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have a issue can we use the badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER for transferring the oci items to create a purchase order as it is used for transferring the oci items to create a shopping cart because for creating shopping cart my implementation is working fine its changing values which in my implemetation also its throwing error on the portal but for creating the PO this badi is being called everthing is exectued the same way it is executed for shopping cart but the values are no changing when po is created except for the product category value not even it is throwing error back to the portal .

so i just wanna know it this badi used to create PO or not?????????????

rgds / shivraj

Edited by: ShivrajSinha on Jan 12, 2010 10:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think when you add items from catalog in PO document, the BADI is called. You can check it by setting break point.

OCI transfer is just transferring items and it is not for creating PO itself.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ya its being called i have debugged but the same code is working fine for shopping cart and the values and error messages are being transferred but its not transferring the values and error message for purchase order creation its only transferring the product category value for PO creation.

can you help me on this?????

rgds / shivraj

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

As Masa has mentioned, the same functions are called for PO/SC/BID/INV/CONF and all procurement document types, if the issue occurs in PO, then it is likely that your Badi coding handles only SC data and is not generic in it's use.

Please also note that in general, SRM des not display messages from the catalog, it's standard response is to replace the erroneous valus with default ones if this is possible through PPOMA vaues or similar.

So - the best way to identify this is to write the catalog transfer log files for each transfer, then in SLG1 you can identify what the problems were if a default value is present as it will be retained in the message table and written to the application log.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jason,

as per my badi coding there is no condition for SC only,here when i am creating SC the values and the error message are being passed to the portal but while doing the same thing for PO only the category id,description are being passed but the error message and contract details are not being passed to the portal server.

thanks

shivraj