cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using and iphone

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey experts. I have developed an application for the PR approval process that will display the details of the requisition and give the options for accepting or rejecting. This all comes from Workflow and I'm pretty proud of the result. Currently in the email we send to the agents there is a URL to the JWD application I built but when someone uses and iPhone or safari the user gets a quick glimpse and then the page is grayed out.

Any help is much appreciated,

Archie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To run the application on Safari or iPhone you have to run the URL with PieClient parameter,

Check the thread for more details:

Check this blog also for pieclient usage:

/people/alexander.ilg/blog/2009/01/20/how-to-run-mobile-web-dynpro-apps-on-windows-mobile-61

Siddharth

Edited by: Siddharth Jain on Jan 13, 2010 6:29 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

That did the trick. the solution isn't super intuative (for my small mind at least). I just needed to append &sap-wd-client=PieClient as the parameter. One interesting point is that this is only required when a full domain is specified in the URL.

thanks,

Archie

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I ran the debug on safari on the iphone and here are the two interesting errors.

TypeError: Result of expression 'img'[null] is not an object

TypeError: result of expression 'parent.SSR'[undefined] is not and object

these are javascript errors and I can't get a lot of details from the iphone.

thanks,

Archie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of WDP are you using? - Check in the availability matrix if your current version supports whatever version of Safari iPhone has.

Hope it helps,

Daniel