cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new MaxDB database on a D/R server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of testing our D/R capability for our SAP Content server. The production server uses MaxDB version 7.6.00.32 and the D/R server is at version 7.6.03.09. We created a complete backup of the Prod database to an external hard drive. We connected the hard drive to the D/R server and using Database manager attempted to re-create the database. For Parameter Initialization I selected Restore Parameters from a backup. I created a new media with the path F:\sapdb\data\GDB\backup\data\GDB.dat. I selected the media and when I tried to move to the next operation, I received the error <-24949 too many parameters> I have looked at the FAQ sections and other forums to see if there was anything to address this issue, with very little luck.

What am I doing wrong. If anybody can provide assistance it will be greatly appreciated.

John Esposito.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

-> Please donu2019t use the option u201CRestore Parameters from a backupu201D.

As you have quit old the source database version 7.6.00.32.

And the target database is at version 7.6.03.09, the configuration of the database parameters were changed/adjusted in between.

-> You have already target instance installed. Please be sure that you have the _UNICODE parameter value the same as in source database. Also check that the data area is configured to be able to restore the databackup from the source database.

-> Then run recovery with initialization.

More details/information in the Note129352.

Please review the SAP Note No. 1014782 for additional information on u201CMaxDB system copyu201D topic.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick answer.