Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Budget and Settlement of Project

Hi There,

I have a project, assigned a budget to it and released the budget including the project. For example:

Level____WBS Element____Budget_______Distributable____Assigned_____Total

1 _______Level 1 _________50.000 ____________0,00 _________ 0,00 ____50.000,00

2 _______Level 2a ________25.000 _______25.000,00 _____25.000,00 ____25.000,00

2 _______Level 2b ________25.000 _______25.000,00 _____25.000,00 ____25.000,00

Settlement rule is that a network activity settles to WBS and that level 2 WBS settles to a higher level WBS and that WBS level1 settles to a profitability segment.

To the Network activity from WBS "Level 2a" I assign costs e.g. 2.500

When I settle I am able to settle the network costs to the WBS "level 2a". But I am not able to settle the costs from WBS "Level2a" to the Billable WBS "Level 1". The system then outlines that there is a deficit of 2,500 (availability control is active and is set to 100% with error message)

If I raise the budget for WBS "Level 1" from 50.000 to 52.500 only then I can settle the complete costs to all WBS elements and to the profitability segment.

Has anyone an idea why this is happening because currently budgeting in combination of settlement is not working accurately.

We use: SAP ERP system 4.6C

Thanks, Bastiaan

Former Member
replied

Dear, Budget check will happen when you do settlement within project(ie., settlement of cost from lower WBSE to Higher WBSE). You have two options:

1. If you are using settlement by settlement cost element, then exempt that settlement cost element in Budget config.

2. If you are not using settlement cost element i.e., settlement by cost element, then you can deactivate the availability control manually by CJBW, do settlement, then activate the availability control by CJBV.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question