cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Objects need to Develop in ID for SAP-PI-IDOC(XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can it is possible to get IDOC-XML from PI ..I no need to do any transformations too in PI.. Just need to pass IDOC on a FTP Folder in IDOC XML Format... If so what I need to develop?

SI for Inbound and Outbound. Do I need MM and IM?

Thnaks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do pass through scenario, no design is required . ie no work in repository side of XI.

1. Create Receiver Determination

a. Select the business system as sender

b. Select the Idoc as interface

c. Idoc namesapce

2. Select the FILE buiness service as receiver

3. Create an interface determination --- type some dummy interface ( no need to create this), No interface mapping is required.

4. Create a receiver agreement with the file receiver as your Communication channel and dummy interface as your interface.

Thats it.. You will get an IDOC xml...

Regards,

Sunil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to use any transformation then you can bypass the design object step and directly create ID objects.

Refer the blog :

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDOC_to_IDOC-XML conversion is done due to the IDOC metadata loaded in IDX2 of XI/ PI system and not because of IR/ ID objects

You dont need to do any mapping (MM and IM) if you just want to post the IDOC into the File server.....your source and target interface will be the same....i.e. the IDOC.

If possible have a read of this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get may help you get some concepts.....also there is one such blog by Allesandro (hope i spelled his name correctly!).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jan 13, 2010 11:47 AM

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

For more information and for your further reference on IDoc scenarios plesae go through the following thread.

[]

Regards,

JP.