cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default trip schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the Portal interface for Travel Management, I would like to default the Schema for Expense Reports.

That is, I want a specific schema to show up in the dropdown so that in most cases users can just click 'Apply' without needing to select a schema.

I followed these instructions:

However, once the URL parameter is implemented, the selection screen is skipped. On the second screen, it's no longer possible to change the schema.

So, I would like to either:

- Default the schema but not apply it, or

- Make it possible to change the schema after it has been applied

Thanks for any ideas,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

You can only choose one. The solution you have follow will skipped the schema screen in portal system, this is only possible if you are using only 1 trip schema. This solution is not recommended if you have more than 1 trip schema as it is no longer possible to use the other schema.

The behaviour you would like to get is not possible in standard system as there is no functionality afterwards on which you can change you trip schema.

Cheers,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raynard,

Thanks for your response. We came to the same conclusion (not possible in the standard system).

We added the functionality by making a change to the standard Java Web Dynpro. For anyone else looking at the same problem, here is the code change:

In package esstratre~sap.com, find the GeneralDataView from component VcTreGeneralData. Starting at Line 179, replace the standard code:

boolean isTripSchemaSelected = (wdContext.nodeValid_Trip_Schemes().getLeadSelection() >= 0);
	modifyViewForTripSchema(wdThis, wdContext, view, isTripSchemaSelected);

With this new code:

boolean isTripSchemaSelected = (wdContext.nodeValid_Trip_Schemes().getLeadSelection() >= 0);
	if (firstTime && !isTripSchemaSelected) {
		wdContext.currentRFCInputParametersElement().setI_Trip_Schema("01");
	}
	modifyViewForTripSchema(wdThis, wdContext, view, isTripSchemaSelected);

This change causes the selection of schema 01 when creating a new trip, but still allows the user to select a different schema before pressing Apply.

-Scott

Answers (0)