cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check on delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there anyway i can post goods issue whithout available stock? The business case is as following:

My client uses materials of variable weight. The base unit is Kg but customers order on PCs. There is a ratio maintained in the material master but is not accurate. So let's say that i have 100 Kgs in my warehouse of a material and 1PC -> 1KG so as well 100 Pcs. A customer places an order of 50 PCs which reserves 50Kgs. Next customer places an order of another 50 PCs. But while picking, the 50 PCs are measured 55KGs and the system creates an error message that there is no available quantity. However this is wrong because in reality, the 50PCs reserved from the other order is actually 45KG (fact that noone knows before the actual measurement.

the only think I want from SAP is to issue a warning message and let me Post GI. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seams that the only solution is either to implement the "catch weight management solution" which i'm not familiar with, or use a user exit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Ravi, i tried your guess, didn't work out..

After all I ended up in the user exit solution. Now when this problem occurs, I raise the available quantity using Abap code and issue a warning message. I'm not happy with it though... i would prefer smthg "standard"

While searching however, i found out that SAP offers a solution called Catch Weight Management that deals with this business process. I would like though to have a more flexible availability check than have to implement a completely new solution and warehouse logic.

Thank you all for your help

Agis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You created one order,system reserves the quantity 50kg,

It doen't mean that this 50kg is blocked aginst that customer, still you can deliver it any other customer.

Now you created another order, now just check the shedule line date of this order,note that.

Go to VL01N>>> in selection date put that shedule line date, system will delivery this goods,

But when you try to create delivery for 1st order, it will not create,because u r stock is not available even though it is confirmed.

Try it.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your replies.

The issue is not negative quantities because the quantities exist. It's just they are falsy reserved because the system doesnot (and cannot) know the exact quantities to reserve.

The quantities are reserved against a particular SO or delivery and the system won't let me PGI any other if there is no available quantity (note: available against ATP, in the warehouse quantity exists).

My requirement is just for the system to let me PGI even if there are insufficient ATP quantities (but nevertheless issue a warning message; i wouldn't like to deactivate av check totally) or de-activate av check if the difference falls in whithin 20% for example. Could you suggest any user exits to achieve that or do you know any other solution that I'm missing?

Best regards,

Agis

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
de-activate av check if the difference falls in whithin 20% for example

Guess, maintaining over delivery and under delivery tollerance limits(as 20%) in the customer master records will solve the problem. This is useful if the orders are created for quantities in KG.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any specific reason to maintain the base unit as KG instead of PC? If the base unit is maintained as PC this problem will not occur.

As per my knowledge, this issue can be corrected with enhancement using a userexit in delivery. Please consult your technical consultant explaining the requirement.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

The goods are stored in Kgs because of pricing and costing reasons. A possible solution would be to ask the customers order in Kgs as well. But still the issue wouldn't be solved because there is always a tolerance in the orders of this kind of goods (cheese, meat, fish etc). For instance, customer orders 50kgs but wouldn't mind if he gets a bit more or less; you cannot cut a fish in half to meet the exact quantity ordered. To remove av check from deliveries totally would be a solution, but still we would like a warning message and let the final user decide weather is a matter of tolerance or in deed there is insufficient quantity. I'll check for any user exits...

Thanks a lot for your answer..

Agis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

we had a similar situation, and it was decided that on MM side negative quantities be activated. in effect, you could continue to post goods issue even if on paper (or on digital record) inventory levels are already negative, but in reality you still have inventory. this seems to be a common requirement in companies dealing with bulk products. of course, you may also need to tweak the availability check settings. however, this is merely a work-around and is not recommended.

you could consider this while waiting for better suggestions.

regards.