cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font COURIER 070 is not a SAP font ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a right place for the problem I encoutered. I created a new form on the development system, transported it to the test system, and after the testing was successful I transfered it to the production. However, the transport ended with warning

"Font COURIER 070 is not a SAP font"

and the form could not be activated. I compared the system fonts as I see them in SE73 and in fact there is no font COURIER 070 on the production system (but there are numerous other COURIER xxx fonts). I don't understand how is this possible, I thought that a font installation comprises of all the available font sizes?

Any ideas what to do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking in my system there is no COURIER 070, only 060 and 080. It could be the someone has uploaded the 070 point font in your non-production systems.

I guess your options are;

Create the font in production

or

Change the form to use the 060 or 080

Regards,

Nick

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help - problem solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, but I can't create anything in production and must therefore transport the font from the development system. Here, the font exists already and I wonder how to add it to the transport request (if I create a new font it shows up in the transport as "table contents - TF002 - courier 050" for example)?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may easily change the keys of table in the transport request (click the button at the right of TABU line). You may also search the transport request to which the font was assigned primarily, unless it was deleted manually afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is our printer configuration:

transaction SPAD:

output devices - LOCL type F I2SWIN - standard printer - printing on front-end

transaction SE73:

system fonts: the mentioned font/size combination doesn't exist

printer fonts: for I2SWIN Courier font exists but it's size is set to 000

Now, I thought that if the printing is performed on the front-end, the printout will depend on fonts installed on the user PC. Maybe I'm wrong, should I just create the new system font in SE73?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, I think that yes, you have to create the system font, so that to activate the sapscript.

I think it won't impact anything... But it's just a supposition based on what I know.

Font size zero and scalable are the same thing. It means that the size may be any value. SAP stores both the "print control 1" (containing the font name) and the font size in the spool (drivers will convert them so that to print in the requested font and size).

It doesn't change anything if the printing is performed on the front-end. I mean: everything depends on the device type. For SWIN* device types, the fonts are defined as scalable, and their related print controls contain the name of a TrueType font available in Windows systems (for example, COURIER is transmitted as "Courier New"). If Windows detect that a special character is not available in this font, it may print automatically this character in another font that contains it (it's what I read in [Note 776507 - SAPscript/SmartForms: Which fonts for which languages?|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/776507], I didn't verify).

You may do tests of Font Conversion by running FONT_EXCHANGE_ADD2TABLE function module (the advantage of it compared to button "Font conversion" in SE73 which converts system fonts, is that you may enter any font family, size, etc., that is not defined (yet) as system font).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, to test, I tried to change the font size in development to 050, although the smallest existing size in this system is 060, and the font was printed with the size 050. So, an automatic scaling of the font did occur in this case.

(it's a SAP script form)

However, on the target (production) system the message in the log is:

Post-import method AFTER_IMP_FORM started for FORM L, date and time: 20100112153214

Post-processing taking place in client 200

Transport object FORM 200 ZRACUN02 is being processed

WARNING: The following error occurred when object was activated:

Paragraph MP: Font COURIER 070 is not an SAP font

Object imported but not activated

Post-import method AFTER_IMP_FORM completed for FORM L, date and time: 20100112153215

Post-import methods of change/transport request MBDK901031 completed

Start of subsequent processing ... 20100112153214

End of subsequent processing... 20100112153215

Execute reports for change/transport request: MBDK901031

on the application server: mbusap

There are no reports to execute

Execution of programs after import (XPRA)

End date and time : 20100112153215

Ended with return code: ===> 4 <===

I also tried to create the missing font in SE73 - system fonts - change, but it doesn't allow me to make modifications in production. Now, I as I already have this font in development, maybe I should delete it and recreate to force it to the transport, but I don't know if this action would affect the forms in development that are already (and successfully) using this font?font

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a 4.6C release, or which one? This message (TD524) always mentions font size "000" (we should get "Paragraph MP: Font COURIER 000 is not an SAP font") since SAP note 782010 (No input help for font size in SAPscript), which is delivered since release 6.10. BTW the text of this SAP note is not completely correct, it's best to look at changed code.

About font conversion, it depends on the output device type , and on the so-called "printer fonts" (SE73).

Examples:

- For SAPWIN device type, printer font COURIER is defined as a scalable font, thus it keeps any font size you have chosen in your SAPscript.

- For HPLJ4 device type, printer font COURIER is NOT defined as a scalable font, so, if the font size is not defined as a printer font for the device type, SAP will perform "font conversion", and choose font 060.

My conclusion is: If you add the system font, I think it won't change anything in printouts: SAP only uses printer fonts. System fonts exist just for activation purpose (if you add a system font, that would mean that you also added printer fonts for at least one device type, except if this addition is about font size and you allowed printing to a printer where the printer font is scalable). Not sure it's clear, but I hope you have a better idea of what is behind all this.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fonts which are not TrueType must have characteristics (size, weight, posture) defined in printer fonts (TrueType fonts don't need size as they are scalable; only weight and posture attributes have to be entered). When one create a non TrueType family, SAP creates only a few system fonts with sizes between 060 to 720 with a step of about 020 (there is a SAP note which explains that). But you may of course add any size you need (and for each combination of weight/posture), and add it as a printer font for each device type which supports that font size.

But I thought system fonts were optional: If you don't create it, SAP will execute "font conversion" (SAP chooses the most appropriate font amongst system printer (Edit: Jan 13) fonts in SE73). For example, SAP will chose COURIER 060 instead of COURIER 070.

One thing I don't understand is why SAP doesn't activate it if it's only a warning!? Edit Jan 13: I could reproduce TD524 in release 7.0: it happens when we attempt to activate a SAPscript where paragraph combination Font family / Bold / Italic (not the size) is not defined as a system font . It's NOT a warning, the SAPscript form does not get activated !

By the way, what message number is it? (I don't find it) Edit Jan 13: found, it's TD524 (function group STXS, form CHECK_FONT)

Is that SAPscript or Smart Form?

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Jan 12, 2010 5:30 PM

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Jan 13, 2010 12:04 PM SEE ABOVE