cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting/importing custom library objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When we made custom objects for in our library. They are available to all environments on my laptop, but not on a different machine.

Is there any way to export/import these?

Kind regards,

Frederik-Jan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These things are stored locally on your machine.

Note: On tab Library in your LCD click right arrow to get the library menu, mark your components tab (you need to export), right arrow opens the menu where there is the "group properties..." item. Here there is a path on your harddrive. My problem is I cannot locate the path I can see here. So I have looked for a workaround.

Workaround: create a folder on your desktop. Create a component group in you Library in LCD (new tab). Go to properties of this new group, set the path to your new desktop folder. Go to the component tab where you have your custom components. Select them, use move to..., select the new component group/ desktop folder. After completing this, check the xfo files in your desktop folder. You can now send them to another machines.

Note: In the library "right-arrow-menu" there is the item "shared library location". You can use this to share the components among all the machines you need.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, worked like a charm.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have written a blog covering this topic. Check it: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/cs/junior/view/wlg/17440

Have a nice day, Otto