cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload functions for physical inventory count in WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am searching for options / advice how to upload a physical inventory count for a warehouse inventory. From what I see so far, the MM options (MI34 etc.) are not working for this since they do not allow storage bins in the input file.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Merten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Merten Hi

In WM you do not 'Upload' count results you enter them in LI11N.

Obviously you need to create the counts first through LX16.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy, all,

that is the usual process we followed so far, but we have transferred our inventory process from manual counting sheets to barcode scanning. Hence a PC spreadsheet file with all the bin, material, batch and count data is available already, and it is a huge amount of work to enter it manually.

Therefore I am hoping to find a way to just upload a data extract to SAP and use that to enter the counts.

Any idea on how to faciliate this?

Regards

Merten

Edited by: Merten Scher on Jan 15, 2010 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I undesrtand correctly.

You use Mobiles to count in WM than the results from mobile counts are stored somewhere in the file.

I would recoomend you ask your abapers to write a program that uploads data from the spreadsheet into the SAP than using those data program could do BDC call into LI11N.

Actually I used to do BDC call into LI11n and it is sometimes causing problems. I am switching currently to Function module L_INV_COUNT_EXT.

I am not aware about standard SAP transaction that allows mass Inventory count in WM.

Regards

Mariusz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, thank you we will look further into this direction - LSMW upload into LI11m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at use of BADI LE_WM_INV_WM_IM or use of the MOB transactions for loading inventory.

Don