cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text determination in invoice !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an invoice which has been created in English language (output type = "EN"). However when I create a print out of this invoice the description of some items are printed in "Serbo-Croation" language. If I decide to print the same invoice in Serbo-Croation language (output type = "SH") all items on the invoice print out are displayed in English language.

Can anybody tell me how is the standard SAP text determination works on Invoices.

Thanks in advance

Kami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not specific to the invoices. Normally, when you request an output in certain language, the system first obtains the text elements in that language. For some elements, if they're not available in that language, they will be printed in the default language (English). This is to avoid blank space on the forms, I guess. So it's very important to maintain the translation consistenly.

Having said that, material description is stored in master data, but is also copied to VBRP-ARKTX field. It's possible that the users logged on with 2 different languages, edited the same order and different descriptions were captured. I would check what data is in that field in the invoice in question.

Additionally, have an ABAPer check the form. If a custom form is being used, it might not be working correctly.