Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Clasification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to know about User clasification type. In our Production system there are some Sercive Users with User clasification type M(Manual). We want to change them to T (technical).

Please suggest me how they are defined as T and how can we change them to T.

Thanks,

Pravin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether you are talking about user licenses. If so, you can classify them in SU01 under license tab. By the way service/background/communication users are not counted for licenses.

Thanks,

Gowrinadh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether you are talking about user licenses. If so, you can classify them in SU01 under license tab. By the way service/background/communication users are not counted for licenses.

Thanks,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help. we are using T-Code USMM and select the tab user clasification then we are able to see this clasification type.

it is not with SU01

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

A user of any type can have a license type manually assigned (M) under USMM or via the licensing option in SU01.

Basically if you want your service ids to be Technical, you would have to remove this manual license allocation.

This isn't essential though as service and other non-dialog users are automatically excluded from your licensing returns.

To remove the manual license allocation, highlight the users you want, go to assign a new license type and then hit the dustbin / delete icon to delete the manual assignment. For these service ids, they should then appear as a T technical user when you refresh USMM.

The exact approach will vary depending on which basis level your system is on, but if you can see the M appearing in the licensing screen, I'd guess you are on ECC6 / Netweaver basis level.

Alternatively there is an option in SU01 for these users to amend their license type. Again deleting the manual license allocation (and saving it with a blank license value) will make these service ids appear as technical users in USMM.

Regards,

Chris H.