Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP PI to generate XML output but not in message format

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been supplied with an XSD file for an interface to a third party.

The requirement is not to interface real-time but to generate an XML file conforming to the XSD schema.

As I don't believe our backend system has any capability for generating proxies/output automatically from the XSD I was hoping I could use the XSD as an external definition in the Integration Repository so that I could generate an ABAP proxy easily from it for the required data format then write the file back to the source business system (effectively just using SAP PI to simplify the processing of the data) or allow the user to download to their PC.

The XSD doesn't have any messages only simple and complex types - I can't seem to relate (via drag and drop) them to a data or message type to generate the required objects.

Can anyone suggest the correct/easiest way to utilise the provided XSD to produce the XML output I require?

Thanks,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

If my understanding is rite, you requirement is to generate the XML with the XSD being provided to you.

If that is the case, then try creating DataType and MessageType importing the XSD into your ESR. Once the MessageType is created, try using it in some message mapping as a source structure. Go to the test tab of the message mapping, you can get the xml for the same.Hope this works.

Regards,

Swetha.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

>>The XSD doesn't have any messages only simple and complex types - I can't seem to relate (via drag and drop) them to a data or message type to generate the required objects.

IF you have XSD then you can directly start with the Service Interface rather than creating Message Types. XSD itself acts as a message Type.

Or if you looking to convert the XML to a XSD structure? Then try to do a google and you will find many online products (For eg: flame-ware)

Regards

Suraj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The XSD doesn't have any messages only simple and complex types - I can't seem to relate (via drag and drop) them to a data or message type to generate the required objects.

maybe it has some reference inside to some other types which you did not get?

if so you need to import into IR/ESR all files and put the correct reference (external archives)

this would be the proper way to get the file generated according to the xml schema

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk