Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Conventions of Web Dynpro Wizard

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

is it possible to change the naming conventions of the coding generated by the web dynpro wizard?

According to our internal naming conventions object references (type ref to) are to be named LR_name, but the wizard is calling them LO_name.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you can change the names according to your conventions. But make sure that you are changing the names where ever they are appearing in the code. You can use find and replace functionality.

Regards,

Saket.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saket,

"find and replace" is not what I was looking for... I want to change the configuration of the web dynpro wizard, so that lr_xxx is used instead of lo_xxx automatically!

This change schould be applied to all developers in the whole concern. As I mentioned above, the generated code should fit our internal naming conventions.

Regards,

Alej

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The templates/code fragments used by the wizard for generation are in the class CL_WDY_RG_FRAGMENT_TOOL, which in turn navigates down to local classes in the WDY_RG_CODE_TEMPALTES Function Group. For instanace the Context code fragements are in the local class LCL_COMPLEX_FRAGMENTS of this function group.

The fragements aren't in reusabe or customer maintable templates unfortuetely. They are built with CONCATENATE statements in these local classes. Newer developments (like the ABAP Code Completion in 7.02) use the ABAP Template Language (ATL) and have a tool to maintain these templates directly. However for the WD Code Wizard, you would have to use the Enhancement Framework or Modification Assistant to adjust the concatenate statements in the local classes.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks for your response. I could solve this with implicit enhancements!

Best regards,

Alej

Answers (0)