cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of foreign trade data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the delivery document at the header level in the Foreign/Trade Customs tab page, there is a field 'Number of foreign trade data'.

For export sales every time I create a delivery document, the number is created internally and it is also copied to the billing document .

My question, what exactly is this Number of Foreign trade data. What is its significance?

Also I would like to know where you maintain the settings for this number in the system.

I am not able to find out how for this particular delivery type how the system is generating the number.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, system will error because unable to get next number to create the export data in tables EIKP/EIPO.

Rgds

Richard

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a delivery that is related to export (different destination country), the system creates an export data record, which data you can see in the foreign trade header and item data in the delivery. Actually, this data is stored in tables EIKP (header), and EIPO (item). The tables are keyed on the foreign trade data number EXNUM, The delivery header LIKP contains the field EXNUM, which provides the link to the foreign trade data.

When you create the billing document, depending on yur copy control settings, it can either do the following:

1. Reference the data from the delivery (uses same EXNUM).

2. Copy the data from the delivery (uses a new EXNUM, copying the data from the delivery EXNUM).

3. Redetermines the data (uses a new EXNUM, redetermining the data from master data).

Rgds

Richard

Former Member

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response.

Your reply has almost answered my question.

However I need one more clarification from you.

In the tcode XEIP, the number range for these export documents has been maiantined.

I would like to know is will it create any error while creating the delivery doc if I remove this number range in customization??

Awaiting your response

With regards

Mohan

Edited by: Mohan Ramakrishnan on Jan 13, 2010 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the Settings in IMG > SD > Basic function > Foreign Trade/Customs .

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Its still not clear.

Once I create delivery this number gets generated, and if I delete this delivery and create new one then I get new Foreign trade no, so I want to know from where this no is coming.

For other deliveried this field is coming blank but for particular Order & delivery type for export this number is getting generated. I checked in Order & delivery type ,Material & customer master but couldn't get any setting for Foreign trade.

Please help.

Thanks.

Mohan

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

The settings is available at IMG - Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs

1. Define Number Ranges - The number which is detting assigned every time you create Delivery.

2. Control Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents - Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents - To Control Foreign Trade Data in SD / Mm documents.

The Foreign trade Number that you are referring to is assigned only for Export Transactions. For all other local deliveries this number is not assigned.

This is SAP standard behaviour...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just maintain the Number Range Interval as 01 .it will automatically pick the subsequent number for each delivery at IMG > SD > Foreign Trade/Customs > General Import/Export Processing.

Best Regards,

Ankur