Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare roles from different clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to compare roles of two different clients of our production system. Each client consists of more more than 27,000 roles. Could some one please guide me how I can proceed.

System details:

SAP R/3 4.6c

Oracle 9.2

Regards,

Prashanth

Edited by: Prashanth L on Jan 12, 2010 3:02 PM

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Each client consists of more more than 27,000 roles.

And you want to compare all of these cross-client?

0 Kudos

Hi jurjen,

Yes. I need to compare all 27,000 roles.

Prashanth

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have tool called "Role comparison tool" in transaction PFCG --> goto. However, it will check role by role between the clients / systems. A RFC connection is required for the same. You can identify the roles which are used in 27k. Still I am guessing as it will be large number.

In such a case you download sap tables and perform comparisons or perform comparison using transaction SCMP at SAP level

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

0 Kudos

27000 roles comparison in one shot !!!!Easiest way is using t code SCMP and then put the table which holds the role details for example AGR_1251.Make sure while running SCMP you chhose the right connection which will be used to connect other client.

Cheers ,

Aveek

0 Kudos

> then put the table which holds the role details for example AGR_1251.

The problem with this approach is that the role information is spread over several tables and that the table contents may differ even if the roles are similar.....