cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous / Current Comment in Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using HCM F&P where the form flow through multiple users for approval

We have setup Previous comment and Current Comment box where current comment from level 1 moves to Previous comment in Level 2 of workflow.

We have a case where N can initiate and next level can reject with a comment. Since N needs to view the comment, we have added prev comment also In this case.

Though N can view comment in case of form being returned however, the Prev comment is displayed in the iniation form also which does not make much sense.

Is there a way to hide the previous comment from initation form without creating any problem to view the comment incase form is returned to him .

Has anyone faced this situation? How did you resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the technical background of the comments? Do you work with the standard Adobe Reader comments tab? If you don´t like that, you can always develop a new part of the form - a listbox (comments), a text field (new comment text) and the "add comment" button - this would allow you to filter/ delete/ hide the comments as you wish. I am sorry I cannot provide a "standard comments" solution and I don´t know if there is one. For this one you´d better try forums.adobe.com.

Regards, Otto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can go through the reports:FP_PDF_TEST_14 and 17 which demonstrate the manipulation with comments in the form. 14 is to read the comments, 17 is to write the comments programatically. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

We could do this based on PROC_STATE which will be create or Edit status.

Form level coding can be done to hide based on status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jithu, we have the same requirement and i was able to hide the 'previous comments' in the initiator page using controlparams, it's not showing when it's sent back to author. Could you please explain the solution in detail. Thanks !

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jithu ,

I am not sure about HCM P&F , but similar feature was also there in MSS PCRs .

The standard badi definition in MSS PCR QISR1 has INIT method , where in you can code to

control visibility for the initiator form .

You would require to work both on form and in code to get this done .

hope this helps.

thanks,sahiba