Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy/send text file from FTPS to SAP ECC File Port

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frdns,

I am working on one design, actually my requirement as follows

I am receiving financial information document from Banks, which is in the form of BIA2 message format, it looks like text file. This information needs to be sending to SAP ECC system.

I identified some approaches to full fill the requirement

1)Using Conversion agent/or third party tools to convert BIA2 message in to XML, then using PI I will pick up the XML message, convert it in to IDoc.

2)Without any conversion I will copy the same file (original BIA2 message) in to SAP ECC file port, in this case no conversion required, calling some program I will schedule it.

I am looking forward t implement the second approach because it saves lot of money to my client.

Now I am wondering using File adapter can i copy to SAP ECC File Port or I required ABAP proxy?

What is the best approach to copy the BIA message text file from FTPS to SAP ECC File Port.??

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

>>Now I am wondering using File adapter can i copy to SAP ECC File Port or I required ABAP proxy?

Yes you can do this copy, the only restriction that can happen is the file size.. If you are sure that the fiel will be of few MB at the max then you can use the Configuration part alone and copy it to ECC folder. For doing this you need the following:

1. Sender agreement (mention the sender interface as anything XYZ)

2. Sender communication channel. Pick the file in binary mode

3. Receiver determination (keep both the sender and receiver service as same)

4. Interface Detemiantion (dont specify any mapping and keep the receiver interface name as XYZ)

5. Create receiver agreement (with same service and interface)

6. Use file adapter here

Regards

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your replay,I know the process to copying/trsfering File from two file directories without using ESR,

but in my case my receiver is SAP ECC system,I need to place my source message in File port fo ECC system,in this case Fila Adapter will support ??

or

i need to write ABAP server proxy to send data to File ECC port.

Regards,

Raj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

>>my case my receiver is SAP ECC system,I need to place my source message in File port fo ECC system,in this case Fila Adapter will support ??

Yes file adapter supports this as SAP ECC is another system. You just have to mention the correct folder path and file adapter will place the file something like
<ip address>\foldera\folderb. You can see all available folders using al11 and also manually try to put a file using transaction sxda_tools (so that you can have the correct directory path)

>>need to write ABAP server proxy to send data to File ECC port.

No this is not required

Regrads

Suraj