cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How a movement type is created and what is the purpose of creating new one, Pls give me a reply of good example why to create a new momt type

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Have you tried searching the SDN Forum before posting a new thread?

Please search the Forum with "Movement Type" make Category or Forum: All Categories & Date Range: as All & just see the result...

You will find many Threads explaining how to create New Movement Types & the pros & cons of the same...

Dear SAP20 & Kapildev & other SDN Mumbers,

I sincerely appreciate your efforts in helping other forum members by replying to their queries. But we need to take this forum ahead in correct manner. We just cannot spoon-fed people. They have do basic search work before posting a new thread. Also this is a part of SDN Rules.

Anybody please dont feel insulted, i am only trying to keep this wonderful forum clean & warehouse for expert SAP Information.

I am really sorry if I have offended anyone...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the outset, I should thank you Mr.Jignesh for taking the responsibility of advising the member and reduce our burden. Yes you are absolutely right. Before posting this question, the member would not have searched the forum. May be he would not have aware of this. As a senior members, others should ask such member to search the forum.

I request all new members to please go through the rules which you can see on top of this forum and strictly adhere to.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By t-code OMJJ,

If existing movement type do not meet your requirement then create new.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps To Create New Movement Types

How to create movement types? What are the steps involved? When will you recommend a new movement type?

Companies may request a new movement type to differentiate between the inventory posting transaction. For example, 551 scrap movement type. Some company may request to have it as 551 for Internal Scrap and Z51 for External Scrap.

Copy, Change Movement Types

4.6x

Assuming I want to create another movement type Z01.

Transaction OMJJ

Select the standard movement type 201

Click copy, then overwrite the 201 with Z01

Click the Enter button, then click Copy all

Select the new movement type Z01

On the left hand column screen, click Reversal/follow-on movement

Fill in the reversal movement type

For the rest of the options, you can leave it alone or change it depending on your requirement