Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amount in document (after PGI)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When PGI for outbound delivery, no price is maintained in material master. However, accouting document for the MATERIAL DOCUMENT can be generated.

Q1. Where does the value in accounting document for MATERIAL DOCUMENT come from?

Q2. If also making this value occur in the accounting document for BILL DOCUMENT, how to configure it? Or, should enhancemet be required?

Q3. If making VPRS in invoice capture the value from accounting document (for MATERIAL DOCUMENT), how to configure it? Or, should enhancement be required?

Example:

after PGI, dcument Number 4900000000: account 14000000, amount 677.60 USD, qty 220

after billing, document Number 9000000: account 14000000, amount 415.80 USD, qty 135

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For information, when you do PGI, accounting / material document will be generated ONLY for the proportionate inventory value and not for the Price as you feel. The control for this in OBYC where if you double click on Transaction GBB, you can see G/L Accounts assigned to this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q1) Once you do PGI for any material, the corresponding inventory value can be seen in MB51. Hope this is what you were asking.

Q2) Not sure what you were asking. Please explain

Q3) Before doing a delivery, check in material master Accounting1 view for that material, what value is maintained. If the material type is HALB or FERT, standard cost will be considered. So make a note of this. Do PGI and check in document flow the material document reference. Make a note of this and go to MB51, key in the material document and execute. You can see the cost. Again go to material master and check the Accounting1 tab what value is there now.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

My questions are raised according to the specific scenario (see my first post), i.e. the finished product has NOT maintained any price in matrial master.

However, why accounting document still can be created? Where does the strange value in accounting document come from?

How to make this value as VPRS occur in the invoice?

After creating invoice, how to make this value occur in the accounting document also? Certainly, this value use the same account as that in accounting document of material document (PGI).

ps. After PGI, price has been maintained in material master. It works fine, i.e., material cost replaces the strange value in accounting document.

The reason that I want to solve is those old orders are audited. Fail to contact the consultant who implemented this project.

Edited by: Cathy on Jan 14, 2010 9:36 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the finished product has NOT maintained any price in matrial master. 
However, why accounting document still can be created?

Were you referring the Accounting / Material document generated after PGI was done or billing ?? I presume it would be after billing.

How to make this value as VPRS occur in the invoice?

You should assign this condition type in your pricing procedure. Then automatically, this will flow to your sale order followed by billing.

After creating invoice, how to make this value occur in the accounting document also?

As I said above, once you do PGI, the respective inventory value will get changed in material / accounting document

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I'm glad that you come to know my questions. Pls help further. Many thanks.

For the first quote, the accounting document mentioned here is after PGI but not billing. Let's say the value is 3,693.58 usd (qty 464 k) & its corresponding account is 14000000. So, I wonder how can it create? where does the value come?

For the second quote, VPRS has already been set in the pricing procedure. However, it can also capture value while material price is zero in material master. Let's say the unit price for this value is 5,858.71 usd per 1000 k. However, pricing analysis in sales order says VPRS "Amount copied from material valuation data".

In voice, the value of VPRS captures from PGI (accounting document), i.e. 3,693.58 usd (qty 464 k). Pricing analysis in invoice says VPRS "Condition value has been taken from preceding document". However, pricing type is set G in VTFL.

So, I wonder why the value of VPRS in invoice based on PGI (accounting document) but not sales order? where does the value of VPRS in sales order come?

For the third quote, my question is how to make the value 3,693.58 usd (qty 464 k) & its corresponding account 14000000 also occur in accounting document (after billing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PGI, accounting/material document will be generated based upon account determination maintained in OBYC (T.code) with valuation class for Transaction GBB, one can refer the G/L Accounts assigned with valuation class here.

As you have maintioned that there is no material cost has been maintained for price control S- Standard price and V - Moving average price/periodic unit price under material master accounting view, in this case there would be any enhancement active to be take care of cost for material docuement and VPRS condition value.

regards

Vivek.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi, Vivek,

First of all, many thanks for your valuable advice. Any chances to trace back via this amount. i.e. through this amount, how to dig out which material document cost is captured? Should I use FAGLB03 by using account 14000000? No condition record is set for VPRS.

By the way, how about my other questions?

Edited by: Cathy on Jan 13, 2010 2:39 AM