cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set listbox items from web service response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to set list box items from a web service response. Couple of issues over here:

1. The user should be able to select multiple items from the list. Hence if I set "Allow multiple values" and set Commit on "exit", then after the web service returns the output, no data is displayed in the listbox. I need to click inside the list box to see the data returned by the web service. How to overcome this..?? ( However this problem (clicking inside the listbox to see the items) does not exist if "Allow multiple values" is unchecked and Commit is set on "Select". )

2. After the list box is filled up, certain default values should be selected. This selection is based on one of the response field (which is actually a table with multiple values... ). Hence, how to capture this response field and set the default values in the above list..??

3. The same case for a dropdown. The values are visible in dropdown. However, a default value should be selected and displayed after returning a response from web service. Again, this default value is dependant on another field in the response as in point no.2

I am trying to use postExecute event as described in [this|http://forms.stefcameron.com/2009/03/23/pre-process-web-service-responses/] link...however not able to achieve the functionality. Please provide suggestions / inputs.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First: check here:

Second: I can recommend you to open the customer message mentioned in that thread, because I don´t think anybody here can help you on this. That should help the way you need, I can understand that developing such a list yourself and copy it 20/ 30 times would not be usable:((

Third: maybe somebody at forums.adobe.com can help you?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thank you so much for the link to the thread. So I am not alone who is facing this problem... Let me check with my Basis team about raising a customer message for this and will also check out the Adobe Forums and then will update this thread accordingly.

Again, thank you for your quick response.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The problem is solved.

For problem no.1, we need to explicitly make the form dynamic via custom WD coding. Just the "Form Settings" in the "Interactive Form" is not adequate.

And problem no.2 and no.3, were solved with the normal javascripts code.

Thank you all for your responses.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member226239
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In this case when the user selects multiple items from listbox then the values should be bound to a table. Am I correct?

Can you please let me know how you bind the list box?

Thanks,

Chandra Indukuri

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first: I don´t know anything about the right solution. I am unaware of the existence of the solution, because there were quite many of question about this multiple selection problem and I don´t remember a single "answer".

I can recommend you to simplify everything and create the functionality yourself. I have done that before to avoid these "Adobe-standard" problems. If you have a problem with autofill of the object, ask your WS to send you a single string and pass it yourself using scripting (JS).

And if you have problems with multiple selection, create your own field/ object. Get the string of values, parse it, create multiple lines of the dynamic table with some suitable tool to check/ select the rows you need (use checkbox for example, and your text as a table row). This way you can selected anything you want with no problems at all. It wil only cost you some extra work.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to implement this custom functionality as suggested by you.

However, my form has about 20 t0 30 fields which will be of type listboxes. Hence it'll be nice if the the problem in point no.1 can be solved by some standard settings rather than scripting.

Thanks

Deepak