Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of ECC 6.0 CI with Oracle RAC on 4 node active-active cluster

kapildkulkarni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to implement cluster for ECC 6.0 CI with Oracle RAC on 4 node active-active cluster.

My OS will be Suse Linux.

I have a question on same. Can we cluster CI?

Please reply to my query asap as want to go forward with implementation.

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kapildkulkarni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me on this thread.

I want SAP CI on all 4 node in active active cluster. Also DB RAC instance on all 4 nodes

Regards,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Could you please let me know how you are distributing your instances accross 4 nodes ?

If you have two nodes for application cluster, then you can cluster only SCS and/or ASCS with a CI on Node1 and Dialog instance on Node2.

Other two nodes for your Oracle RAC.

Cheers......,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally i would:

- install an oracle RAC instance on every node

- install a SAP dialog instance on every node

- configure the ASCS on every node, say it can failover to any of the four nodes

From an administrative perspective the setup is kind of simple, because each node is the same. You can start with a two node cluster, and add/stop nodes as you need them.

And configure the dialog instance to work with the local RAC instance. But this depends on various things, like how big your hardware is, if you are opting for best performance or best availability etc...

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Appreciate your method.

But one question: ASCS being a central service instance can only be on one instance. I am a kind of confused with your thrid statement to configure ASCS on every node.

My opinion : I feel the servers should be distributed with their purpose whether you have CI or DB or a DI on the node. I feel the administration would be simple with this approch as you know whats running on each node.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Kapil : Sorry for this conversation with Michael in your thread...but i hope this will help you.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASCS being a central service instance can only be on one instance

That is indeed correct, the ASCS is running only on one node at a given time (for example node1). But you will have an ERS instance (enqueue replication instance) on another node. This will be the node, where the ASCS will be restarted, if node1 fails.

My recommendation above is, as i said personal. Other combinations are valid as well. But consider, if you want to use SAPCTL to control the ASCS and ERS, then you will need an oracle clusterware installation on those nodes too.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info.

Kapil : It is upto you how you want to distribute the instances.

Please consider your hardware capacities, sizing, network capabilities and then go for the best approch.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

kapildkulkarni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu and Micheal,

I want SAP CI on all 4 node in active active cluster. Also DB RAC instance on all 4 nodes.

My user base will be of 1000 users out of which 600 may be concurrent.

Accordingly i would prefer hardware sizing.

Only concern was clustering of CI.

If any documentation and guide will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you personally installled ASCS on each node and can you share whar are the built in dependency and behaviour?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can build a central services package, the main point is replicating the enqueue table. Have a look at:

[SAP on Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ora?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e9071e42-0d01-0010-4bae-dafd2e524b57] [original link is broken]; -> Providing High Availability for SAP Resources

But this is not an asap issue at all

Cheers Michael