Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

System : ECC 6

When trying to delete a user I get the following errors in the same sequence as below-

1] The HR infotype 0105 could not be deleted for user xxx

2] There is no address data for user xxx

3] Error occurred in address management.ADDR_PERS_COMP_DELETE sy-subrc =reference_not_exist

4] Program error occurred

After this the status bar below shows user xxx deleted. But when I check the user it is still present. I checked the SAP notes

Note 809170 - "Error in address management" during deletion of a user

Note 704088 - SU01: Missing HR authorization when you delete a user

Note 639825 - Error in funktion RH_USER_ALL_REL_DELETE

These notes match the exact issue I have but they show that the affected release is SAP_BASIS 640 while I am on SAP_BASIS 700. Since the correction requires applying the note and some table changes etc I need advise on whether there is a different solution or these notes can be used for my release.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table PA0105 for the concerned user ID the subtyoe 0001.

Get the personal number from there and check the status of infotype 105 in PA30. I think the record maybe active..

Are you trying to delete this user or re-create it after deletion?

Regards,

CP

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table PA0105 for the concerned user ID the subtyoe 0001.

Get the personal number from there and check the status of infotype 105 in PA30. I think the record maybe active..

Are you trying to delete this user or re-create it after deletion?

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I am trying to delete the user.

There are multiple users that are to be deleted and I get the same error.

I followed your steps

1] In table PA0105 the user I am trying to delete has subtype 0010 and PERNR 00000002

2] I tried tx PA30 but not sure what to do there, can you guide me, the user is not deleted so i guess it would be active.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

I am assuming you are using some HR functionality in your system? Is that correct?

Infotype 105 is where the user ID would be stored in the HR systems? Sometimes if infotype 105 subtype 1 is out of sync it causes problems in deletion of the user ID, but htat would occur only if you are using HR.

In PA30 theres a blank space where you can key in the infotype number, key in 105 there and click on the overview button. See if you have any previous data for sub-type 1(Sub type 10 is I think Email data). you can also choose the subtype 1 before clicking on the overview button. the option is right next to the infptype field.

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

Hi Martin & Chinmaya,

Yes we definitely have HR module on this system. The note 809170 as mentioned earlier has the very same errors I get, so I wanted to confirm if we can apply it as the release for which this note is applicable is an old release.

Chinmaya can you explain what exactly I need to do in PA30 as I am not familiar with HR security. I see three entries for infotype 105 :

System user name (SY-UNAME)

Mobile Number

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

so have you tried to used that report from SAP? It sounds like a good idea to fix the issue with report provided by SAP. That report has also test mode, so testing will be pretty harmful.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

I would try out the report suggested by Martin.

In HR user ID's are linked with the personal number using infotype 105. That should be the vase ideally. If there is a user ID allocated to an employee number it would be maintained there. Sometimes in my experience if there are problems in infotype 105 it can cause a few glitches in user administration.

What you need to see is if the user id maintained in infotype 105 in your landscape if it is than I think you would need to find out what is the validity of this one. if you use the sy-uname option it will give you the validity periods for the personal number you are checking. do check if this validity has already expired, In case it has you could try updating it in the change mode and extending it further.. but make sure you remember the old data just in case you have to revert it. If the record is missing you need to figure out why is it missing.

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Closing Thread

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a reference to report Z_OSSNOTE_499997 in note 809170 . This report should fix the inconsistencies. Have you tried to use it to fix your problem? I mean to fix only wrongly deleted users. You will still have to find out why you are getting those errors in 7.0 system.

Cheers