Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount Based on Monthly Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement as follows:

A particular set of customers has to be grouped in the following way.

Group A

Customers:

ABCD1

ABCD2

ABCD3

ABCD4

In the same way there will be different groups. Can I use Additonal data-Customer Groups , by defining the Groups in Customization?

These customers will be placing orders and after month end closing, we need to give the overall discount for the total sale in the month based on QTY.

0 to 10 TO - Rs50 per Ton

11 to 25 TO - Rs 70 per Ton

25 to 50 TO - Rs 90 Per Ton

This scale will be applicable for Group A only. The Scale will differ for Group B, Group C and so on.

How can this be done? I am looking for a alternate to Rebates.

Regards,

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the cust grps can be created in SPRO as much u want.

Once created , assign them to corresponding customers according to your need.

Now create access seq for condition type in followig manner :

sales org/distr chanl/ div / cust grp . You can vary the combinations , but Keep cust grp at last .

Since the cust grp is at last , now u can create condition records on indivual cust grps and hence vary the scales accordingly to meet your requirement .

Hope this hleps ..

B O L .. !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dutt,

This is fine. How abt the Scales and discount calculation based on Qty per month?

Rgds,

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the disc part , since you want to avoid rebate there is no stand way of doing it .

What is the process for giving disc to customer ? Means , after the month end sales and other activites are over ,u want to give disc in very next sales doc being created for a customer falling in certain grp ? or want to create a fresh credit note to give away the disc.? Will the disc applicable to overall cust grp sale fig or individual cust sales fig ? This will give more clarity to u r question .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the month end, the discount value is credited to the customer account and then adjusted with the receivables. It is not included in any sales docuemnt. We have a customized transaction, which will display the Qty purchased by the customer for the given period and the discount to be given. As of now, the program picks the value from the condition record which is maintained per Ton. User will change the per Tonne value manually while posting through FI. As this is leading to many errors, Business wants to avoid manual intervention.I have an idea of doing this through ZTables, but I am trying to find out a Standard way.

Any idea is welcome

Regards,

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking to you issue , there seems to be no standarad way of doing this . Anyone else in forum may have some idea .....

There is option of " cummulative condition records " but this option will be adding all the values for all the customers in the same condition type . Figuring out sale per customer will be v difficult using that option.

In the present process you can modify the custom Z prog in such a way that program itself decides on the value of discount to be given . So may be you can ask the abaper to build a custom z table with your scales + cust grp + values and internally in program after fetching the qty bought by customer , refer the z table data against the "cust grp"+scales combination and comapre with qty customer boght and then decide on disc and jsut dsplay the final value as noneditable field for the ref of enduser. Once the user verifies it , post it to FI.

For eample , if a cust have brght 30 pieces , prog will query the customer's "cust grp" and then refer the ztable for the scale against this cust grp .So prg wil calulate the dis. based on the scales for partklr "cust grp" and display the value on the screen as noneditable field.

See if this can help ...

B O L !

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit, to me it seems that the custom program simply has to be corrected. Why don't you get some help from a qualified ABAPer?

However, this business process actually seems like a perfect case for the rebate processing. I'm not sure why you're trying to avoid this.

To answer your other question - not just "can", you should use the customer groups, that's what they're for. There is no need to create a Z table for conditions - the program should be capable of reading the standard condition tables.

Edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva on Jan 15, 2010 5:45 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

A particular set of customers has to be grouped in the following way.

Group A

Customers:

ABCD1

ABCD2

ABCD3

ABCD4

In the same way there will be different groups.

Could be defined as a Customer Hierarchy (Master Data) in SAP.

These customers will be placing orders and after month end closing, we need to give the overall discount for the total sale in the month based on QTY.

0 to 10 TO - Rs50 per Ton

11 to 25 TO - Rs 70 per Ton

25 to 50 TO - Rs 90 Per Ton

This is a standard hierarchy rebate agreement (type 0004).

The rebate unit is QTY.

The unit for the rebate scale is KG.

This scale will be applicable for Group A only. The Scale will differ for Group B, Group C and so on.

These are different rebate agreements in SAP. The scale in maintained for each rebate condition, so no problem.

How can this be done?

Pretty much standard using SD rebates.

I am looking for a alternate to Rebates.

Any reason why you want to program a functionality already available in the standard system?

SD Rebates are complex and kind of ugly from a usability point-of-view, but on the other hand it is a flexible and proven solution.

Regards,

Franck